This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memo Fields

Is there anyway to view the "Marriage Memo Field" when in the family view?

I followed one of Ben's Sayers videos and know how to do it for Births & Deaths but I am stumped when it comes to marriages.

Thanks In Advance.
    Tracy Little
    Researching: Wishnowski, Rodger, Byrne, Bulliff, Little, Friend, Witherow

Re: Memo Fields

Originally posted by 5angels View Post
    Is there anyway to view the "Marriage Memo Field" when in the family view?

I followed one of Ben's Sayers videos and know how to do it for Births & Deaths but I am stumped when it comes to marriages.

Thanks In Advance.
    Hi Tracy,
    I think you can view the memo field the same way as you do for births & bapt.
    If I click on the marriage button in the family view, it opens to marr. date, place & memo.
    Could it be that you have the little bar at the end of the place column too far to the right? You can click and hold on the bar and drag it to the left to make more space to view the memo details.

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Is there anyway to view the "Marriage Memo Field" when in the family view?...
      The marriage memo field does not appear in the Family View.

(The reply by alan refers to the marriage memo field in the Edit Family panel -- it does appear there, and that's where it's edited -- but it does not appear in the Family View.)
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

thanks for the help, maybe it is something that could be looked at for future editions.
        Tracy Little
        Researching: Wishnowski, Rodger, Byrne, Bulliff, Little, Friend, Witherow

Comment

thanks for the help, maybe it is something that could be looked at for future editions.
          I agree. I'm just starting to use Reunion and I'm generally very impressed, but this seems like an extremely peculiar design choice.

So much of the way Reunion presents information is based on seeing the whole family at once. It seems deeply odd that a note or memo attached to the marriage itself should be impossible to display in a family view. What kind of information would be _more_ appropriate to such a view?

Comment

Working...
          X