This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminating the word "source" under a person's name

In my Reunion file, I have an uncle called Tom. Somehow, under his name and age on his family view page the word "Source" appears in tan letters. Consequently, his wife, my aunt, has the word "Spouse" under her name and age on that page, also. That addition of the word Source" threads its way throughout the family, even ending up generating the words "Nephew of Spouse" under my name and age on my home page and for my wife saying "Spouse of Nephew of Spouse".
    How do I go back to my uncle's listing and remove that word "Source" which has created all these other designations throughout the family?
    Thanks

Re: Eliminating the word "source" under a person's name

Originally posted by wbyron View Post
    In my Reunion file, I have an uncle called Tom. Somehow, under his name and age on his family view page the word "Source" appears in tan letters. Consequently, his wife, my aunt, has the word "Spouse" under her name and age on that page, also. That addition of the word Source" threads its way throughout the family, even ending up generating the words "Nephew of Spouse" under my name and age on my home page and for my wife saying "Spouse of Nephew of Spouse".
    How do I go back to my uncle's listing and remove that word "Source" which has created all these other designations throughout the family?
    Thanks
    In the manual, search for the keywords
    update source person
    and read the section titled "Updating Relationships". This will explain how to change the relationships to reference a different source person.
    Byron Spoon

Comment

There may be a different question. Possibly, he wants to remove/hide the verbiage completely, e.g. no relationships showing at all. Only wbyron knows for sure.

Anyway, as far as I know, there is no way to remove said verbiage. If you don't like the brown color, you can change it. Preferences >> Family View >> Miscellaneous, then pop up the color chooser next to the word Relationships.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        ...Anyway, as far as I know, there is no way to remove said verbiage.
        There is a "Clear Relationship Fields" button in the same popup panel that appears when updating relationships.

In the manual, search for the keyword
        relatives
        and read the section titled "What is the Relatives Sidebar?"
        Last edited by ByronSpoon; 27 January 2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: Added manual reference for clearing relationships
        Byron Spoon

Comment

Git it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X