• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Reunion files on 2nd Mac

SHARING FAMILY FILES BETWEEN 2 iMACS
    JackieC

Re: View Reunion files on 2nd Mac

[QUOTE=jackie corcoran;40174]Strangely, on [AC] when I attempt to open one of the files with the red question mark I can see a small picture of the
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      I can see how that might confuse you, but Reunion isn't lying. It can't find the file. The small picture is a thumbnail that Reunion made at a prior time, when it *could* find the file.
      Thank you Dennis; I very glad I have an 'honest' iMac. But I don't understand how on the computer [JC] I can see the Multimedia files, but when I just look at the same family file from the 2nd computer [AC] by sharing, some of the Multimedia files go missing! And more to the point how on earth do I fix it?

With all my fiddling I now seem to have messed something up because the Person ID Nos. now suddenly jump from 81 to 2407 with the next 15 people numbered 2458-2472!
      JackieC

Comment

You might consider putting your Reunion file on a thumb drive (they now go up to more than 100GB) and then you just plug it into the USB port on the Mac that you're using at the time. Don't forget to make frequent backups of the thumb drive because any drive is bound to fail at some point in its life.
        Researching: Wrightson, Birmingham, MacIntyre/McIntyre, Porter, Winters

Comment

Originally posted by jackie corcoran View Post
          The key words are.......I only want to see the family files on the second computer; all my work on Reunion is done on [JC]..........
          If I am reading this correctly, you simply want to see JC's files from AC. Is that correct? If yes, just screen share via the Messages application.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X