This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi & Thanks

I have been wading through the Reunion 10 forum and would like to say "Thank You" to everyone for all the advice, it is awesome getting other peoples perspectives, ideas and knowing that I am not the only one who is slightly lost in Reunion 10.

My goal is that if someone should have to pickup where I have left off - the proof is there for what I have done and they can just continue on with my research. I am reading through every source and multimedia thread trying to suss out what will work best for me.

The videos at Genealogy Tools are brilliant, they are short, sweet and straight to the point. Thankfully my research is still in it's infancy (3000 people) so I am going to attempt to put what I have learnt there regarding digital filing into action.

Anyhow Thanks all,
    Tracy Little
    Researching: Wishnowski, Rodger, Byrne, Bulliff, Little, Friend, Witherow

Re: Hi & Thanks

I have just signed up for more of Ben's videos at Genealogy Tools as I really want to learn more so that I can use Reunion 10 to it fullest potential which I don't believe I am doing. Has anyone else followed suit?
    Tracy Little
    Researching: Wishnowski, Rodger, Byrne, Bulliff, Little, Friend, Witherow

Comment

Re: Hi & Thanks

Originally posted by 5angels View Post
      I have just signed up for more of Ben's videos at Genealogy Tools as I really want to learn more so that I can use Reunion 10 to it fullest potential which I don't believe I am doing. Has anyone else followed suit?
      Hi Tracy,

I've been with Ben for years...since he had separate Mac & PC sites. I was able to purchase 3 DVDs from him back in the day which had all his videos up to that date (don't ask me when that was 'cause one of my "Senior Moments" kicked in and I don't remember!).

I do remember that I had about 2-3 thousand people when I found his system. I now have over 10,600 people and, boy, am I glad I have that system! I still have some orphans hanging out in different places on my Mac. Every once in a while I go searching and bring some "home".

I have added a new thing to the system. I am using the Mavericks Tag system for my genealogy main lines. I don't tag individuals...just the surname folders. Here is what I use:
      Purple - General genealogy info
      Red - Gen-Stroop
      Blue - Gen-Mushalik
      Yellow - Gen-Bell (my brother-in-law's lines)
      Right now I am using the orange & green tags for neighbors whose lines I am researching.
      Gray - not using right now.

If the surname folder is for a common name used in several lines, I add all the appropriate tags to that surname folder. I'm thinking I may put separate folders inside with the appropriate line names and tags and take off the tags on the main surname folder. We'll see.

It's really nice to click on the tag of the line I want and have only those folders show up. I haven't done them all, doing them as I need them.

Anyway, an idea for you all.
      Last edited by kmgenealogy; 19 January 2014, 12:09 AM.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
      X