This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source Fields in Imported Family Files

I spent better than 12 hours yesterday (and a few more hours today), cleaning up the sources in my main family file. I just now imported a small family file with 49 sources and discovered that the imported sources do not pick up any additional fields from the main family file, if the two identical source types differ in the number of fields in the files, which they do. While correcting that isn't a huge task (click on another source type and then click on the original source type), it does seem that Reunion should add, to the records being imported, the additional fields of the source type of the file being added to.

Another question about source fields: now that I have the right source fields (I think!), what if I decide to add another field in the future to the template in Preferences > Sources? Is there a way to have that added field in the template applied to all of the existing sources that use that template? That would be handy in the event that I revisit that source - the added field would prompt me to type in the information, if available.

Thanks!

Jeff
Working...
X