X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A techincal question on Sources

Hello All,

I have several full Probate Files which I am using as sources for many different pieces of information. Each File will have a specific source number. My question is that I would like to designate the specific page of the File each time I use it as a source but am not sure how to do this clearly. I do NOT wish to break up the Probate File into its various components, which might help in this situation.

I would appreciate any suggestions you folks might have.

Thank you,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Re: A techincal question on Sources

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
    Hello All,

I have several full Probate Files which I am using as sources for many different pieces of information. Each File will have a specific source number. My question is that I would like to designate the specific page of the File each time I use it as a source but am not sure how to do this clearly. I do NOT wish to break up the Probate File into its various components, which might help in this situation.

I would appreciate any suggestions you folks might have.

Thank you,
    Frank
    For your consideration; Have one source for the Probate file which covers off the "I do NOT wish to break up the Probate File into its various components: and "Each File will have a specific source number", and secondly, have various source citations that link to that one source with the page numbers being the citation detail. The different pieces of information would relate to different event types or even custom events or facts; drag the single source to these events or facts and use the different page number in the citation detail field.

The GEDCOM export will use the GEDOM tag of PAGE for the each of your citation detail, which is consistent with your use of the single source probate file.

That is how I have dealt with a single source that covers many aspects of family tree information, using the page number as citation detail.

Not sure if this meets your needs?
    Regards,
    PC

Comment

Originally posted by s1xc00k View Post
      For your consideration; Have one source for the Probate file which covers off the "I do NOT wish to break up the Probate File into its various components: and "Each File will have a specific source number", and secondly, have various source citations that link to that one source with the page numbers being the citation detail. The different pieces of information would relate to different event types or even custom events or facts; drag the single source to these events or facts and use the different page number in the citation detail field.PC

Please forgive the ignorance of an Ol' man, but I am not understanding what you mean. If you would like to communicate off line you may reach me at <fzwolinski@santarosa.edu>
      Thank you,
      Frank
      Last edited by Frank Zwolinski; 29 November 2013, 12:16 PM.
      Frank Zwolinski
      Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
        Please forgive the ignorance of an Ol' man, but I am not understanding what you mean. If you would like to communicate off line you may reach me at <fzwolinski@santarosa.edu>
        Thank you,
        Frank
        No worries, I have sent you an email. I can send another email with an example using screen shots if you wish. It maybe that my explanation is not directly answering your question, and hence it may not be "...forgive the ignorance..." but rather my explanation maybe not correct or not answering the specifics of your question being asked.
        PC

Comment

WOW!!!
          It is true that you can teach an Ol' Dog, new tricks!!!

Paul, Thank you!! This is just what I needed!

My best to you,
          Frank
          Frank Zwolinski

Comment

Working...
          X