Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report to show individual using same source more than once?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report to show individual using same source more than once?

To avoid duplication (uploading Gedcom to Geneanet) I need to ensure that an individual only references a source once. i.e. avoid source#50 being attached to the entry for one individual against their occupation fact and also against a census event for same individual.

The standard report will list each source# and the individuals using those sources but ideally I would like to list individuals and each source they use including repeated ones. Is this possible?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Report to show individual using same source more than once?

Originally posted by pgerrish View Post
    To avoid duplication (uploading Gedcom to Geneanet) I need to ensure that an individual only references a source once.
    For me, that would be a highly unwelcome restriction!

Comment

Re: Report to show individual using same source more than once?

You are correct in principle and this reflects advantage of true relational database. In practice using Geneant to publish my exported (as Gedcom) tree on the web it does display duplicate entries (the Free Text tab) on same individual data sheet where e.g. the same source has been used to reference perhaps a residence and occupation. It may be that this would be best fixed within the import of the Gedcom but no other experience of uploading Gedcom to web sites.

For info to create a report I sued the exported Gedcom and then mixture of Word and Excel search and replace and VBA to produce an appropriate cross tabulation in Excel of source# against individual#

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X