X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a better way than BETWEEN

Ho,
    When I use BETWEEN in the date field (see attached), Reunion says it doesn't understand the date entry. I can save it as a custom date but I am wondering if there is a better way to use date ranges without this date popup appearing all the time?
    I have turned date feasibility on and off but to no avail.
    Thanks, any suggestions welcome.
    PC
    Attached Files

Re: Is there a better way than BETWEEN

Originally posted by s1xc00k View Post
    Ho,
    When I use BETWEEN in the date field... Reunion says it doesn't understand the date entry. I can save it as a custom date but I am wondering if there is a better way to use date ranges without this date popup appearing all the time?
    I'm not sure it's a better alternative, but you can add two separate dates as a range. If you know someone died between 1856 and 1860, you can give them two death dates, one "After 1856" and the other "Before 1860"

You can use the memo fields to explain: After 1856 (date will signed); Before 1860 (date will probated).
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

I am wondering if there is a better way to use date ranges without this date popup appearing all the time?
      Anytime you enter a date range into the Date field, you're going to get this popup window - no matter the format you use. Reunion needs a date that it can use to sort the event among other events, and date ranges are problematic when sorting.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Ho,
        When I use BETWEEN in the date field (see attached), Reunion says it doesn't understand the date entry. I can save it as a custom date but I am wondering if there is a better way to use date ranges without this date popup appearing all the time?
        I have turned date feasibility on and off but to no avail.
        Thanks, any suggestions welcome.
        PC

Another alternative is to enter the event with the AFTER DATE in the Date field and the BEFORE DATE in the Memo field. The result is a single event that read that actually reads like an English sentence: Joe Schmoe died after date 1 in Podunk Jct. and died before date 2.

HTH.
        Arnold
        -----
        RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Working...
        X