This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad not displaying photos

I just did a sync on my iPad and checked add preferred pictures, but when I checked the iPad, no photos are shown. When I check the People List options and look for People with pictures, it says there are 474 people with pictures, but none of the listed people have photos shown on the device. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

I'm not sure if I've ever had photos showing or not, as I had multimedia issues that I had to clean up, so I used to say 'no photos.'

Lynda
    Last edited by LyndaCook; 01 October 2013, 11:21 PM. Reason: typo

Re: iPad not displaying photos

Hi Lynda,
    You may be experiencing the same issue when I purchased my IPad two years ago. The Mac application, Reunion, has dedicated fields for each person, such as Misc. Notes, User Notes (includes health, military), General and LDS Events. You can see all by going to the upper left to Family View and pressing the pull down. I mention all this because when the IPad app was created, the good folks at Leister Pro did not give users the ability to see all the photos within Reunion. Under Multimedia in Reunion, you have an area for each spouse as well as Family. Well, this Family area did not port over to the IPad version. I have a tremendous number of family groups photos that I cannot view via the Reunion IPad app because they will not link unless I reattach them to an individual - something I'd rather not do! You can still see them under Photo in the general IPad software but it's very cumbersome. I have hundreds, I named them all, but IPad software does not allow a sort by name, only by date. Hence those of us who used the Family photo area within Reunion for years are left short. When I discovered this, I added a message to ReunionTalk to alert folks and ask for a modification in a future release. Have not seen it yet.
    Good luck,
    Brian
    Last edited by BrianHTabor; 03 October 2013, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but that isn't the case here. I don't use a selected portion of a photo. I did find a couple of photos that made it over, but others that show up in the list of photos do not (the majority). I checked and they are all stored in the same location and as the same type of file (jpg). I can't find inconsistencies, which drives me nuts. I've checked everything I could think of, but no luck.

Your solution was one I hadn't thought of, but as I said I've never adjusted the photos in Reunion. I do it in Photo Shop before importing.

Thanks
      Lynda

Comment

Hi Lynda,

The first thing I'd recommend is having Reunion 10 repair media locations via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia Files, Repair Media Locations...

Once that process finishes, try uploading the Family File to the iPad again and see if the photos are still missing.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X