This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charts - printing

How the xxx&%$#@ do you print the box charts? I saved mine as a pdf, took it to Kinkos for their large format printer and thats when I discovered saving the six page chart to pdf saved it as six separate pages. Would cost $59 for them to stitch it together. They can't print a "box chart" format. I can't find a way to save it as a jpg. GOOGLE doesn't even know. Can't find anything about it on here - where is a manual when you need it?
    HELP! I need this printed for a wall hanging at family reunion NOW.

Re: charts - printing

Originally posted by buffalo View Post
    How the xxx&%$#@ do you print the box charts? I saved mine as a pdf, took it to Kinkos for their large format printer and thats when I discovered saving the six page chart to pdf saved it as six separate pages. Would cost $59 for them to stitch it together. They can't print a "box chart" format. I can't find a way to save it as a jpg. GOOGLE doesn't even know. Can't find anything about it on here - where is a manual when you need it?
    HELP! I need this printed for a wall hanging at family reunion NOW.
    It sounds like you PRINTED your chart to pdf. What you want to do is SAVE GRAPHIC FILE in pdf format.

The first gets you a chart that can be printed on multiple pages and tiled together. The second gets you a chart on a single piece of paper that Kinkos should be able to print for you.

You don't want to save it as a jpg, unless you want to lose legibility and clarity and resolution.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Do you have time to send your chart to Heartland Family Graphics? They are Reunion experts and can give you very valuable advice. Price is competitive and product is great.
      Terry

Comment

Dennis is correct, instead of selecting:

File -> Print...

You should select:

File -> Save Graphic File...

And choose "PDF" for the File Format.

Searching "print chart" (no quotes) in the manual and reading the entry titled "Using Large Format Printing Services" will explain this in more detail.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X