X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field order

Hello all,

I wonder if there is an easy fix for this problem? I am not sure if I created it, but so far I can only fix it manually.

In The "Edit Person" window, in the "Events," "Facts," or "Notes" categories the specific fields are not in the same order from person to person. Sometimes this is caused when I add a field to a specific person but in other cases, it just seems to be the way it is. I would like the fields to be in the same order from person to person.

Anyone who has had this experience, or anyone at all, please advise.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Re: Field order

It's possible somebody might have a better answer for you, but I think that the default fields will all be in the same order from person to person, but the ones you manually add to each person will be in the order you add them, and I don't think there's a way to change that globally.

I'd recommend you just take it bit by bit and put the order the way you prefer each time you edit a person.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      It's possible somebody might have a better answer for you, but I think that the default fields will all be in the same order from person to person, but the ones you manually add to each person will be in the order you add them, and I don't think there's a way to change that globally. ...
      What Tim said, plus this:

It is easy to select and drag a row to the appropriate location, but you can also control where new rows get added when you first create them; then you won't have to rearrange them.

If you are creating a new Event/Fact by control-clicking and using the drop-down menu then it will create the new entry directly below the row you clicked on.

If you are pasting a copied Event/Fact then select the row above where you want it to appear before you Paste. If you do not select a row first then it will paste as the first row.
      Howard Fink
      knowHow@mac.com

Comment

Thank you gentlemen,

I was hoping for a way to change them all at once, but I guess that is out of the question.

Thanks again,
        Frank
        Frank Zwolinski
        Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
        MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Working...
        X