This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existing spouse not showing in family view

I have a marriage between cousins but by mistake entered the wife as a new spouse, forgetting that she had already been entered. The result was that she appeared in the people sidebar twice. So I deleted her from the marriage in family view, plus the duplicated entry from the sidebar (using the clipboard) and also deleted the marriage record. I then went back to the husband and chose Add Spouse from the Sidebar and navigated to the correct original entry but she does not appear in the pink spouse box in family view next to her husband. I can only view her as part of the cousin's family. Also, both spouses now have a marital status of None under Spouses & Children. How can I correct this?

Re: Existing spouse not showing in family view

Originally posted by Yvonne D View Post
    I have a marriage between cousins but by mistake entered the wife as a new spouse, forgetting that she had already been entered. The result was that she appeared in the people sidebar twice. So I deleted her from the marriage in family view, plus the duplicated entry from the sidebar (using the clipboard) and also deleted the marriage record. I then went back to the husband and chose Add Spouse from the Sidebar and navigated to the correct original entry but she does not appear in the pink spouse box in family view next to her husband. I can only view her as part of the cousin's family. Also, both spouses now have a marital status of None under Spouses & Children. How can I correct this?
    Just to let you know, I had another attempt this morning and Reunion sent a message asking if I wanted to do this as the spouse was a cousin of the husband? I had not received this message before but, after responding, she now appears as the spouse.
    Yvonne D

Comment

Working...
    X