This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Group Sheet with Sources hangs

I'm trying to print a family group sheet for a couple (not the entire database) with sources included, but it keeps hanging.

I've selected the couple
    Format: Normal
    Include: Sources
    Layout: Default
    Destination: Printer

Re: Family Group Sheet with Sources hangs

Okay, I've played around and it actually completes if I choose anything other than printer, however, it prints ALL my sources not the family selected sources. What am I missing please?

Comment

Originally posted by dixieau View Post
      Okay, I've played around and it actually completes if I choose anything other than printer, however, it prints ALL my sources not the family selected sources. What am I missing please?
      I am having a similar problem with a family whose father has extensive miscellaneous notes. If I truncate the notes, there's no problem sending the report to the printer. If I leave the notes in, even though I have apparently not exceeded the character limit for a notes field, it hangs forever on "formatting pages." Like you, I have no problem printing with my word processor.

The fact that your problem seems to be sources makes me wonder if I have a buggy source citation toward the end of this long notes field.

Comment

Printing familysheet with extreme amount of notes and sources (56 pages): no problems at all.
        When you 'print' as PDF, you experience the same problems ?
        Might be an invisible character is present in notes that causes problems ?
        In most word processor you can see also invisible characters
        Frans van Bodegom
        Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by fjvanbodegom View Post
          Printing familysheet with extreme amount of notes and sources (56 pages): no problems at all.
          When you 'print' as PDF, you experience the same problems ?
          Might be an invisible character is present in notes that causes problems ?
          In most word processor you can see also invisible characters
          As long as I print via the word processor, as PDF or not, there's no problem. But I prefer the formatting in "destination: printer." I finally set up a second notes field and moved half of the notes there. That took care of the problem. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Comment

Working...
          X