X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shortcuts

Hi All,
    I have two keyboard shortcut questions....
    1) Is there a shortcut for returning to family view from tree view. (it's probably something so obvious) I command t to get to tree view but I can't seem to find a shortcut to return??
    2) Is there a shortcut to view multiple marriages in family view e.g. I'm looking at Joe Blow with his first wife Mary and 8 children, is there a shortcut key to bring up his second wife Elizabeth and their 3 children??
    Taa
    Sue
    Ps I don't really have a Joe Blow but I've heard he's closely related to John Doe ;P

Re: shortcuts

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post
    1) Is there a shortcut for returning to family view from tree view. (it's probably something so obvious) I command t to get to tree view but I can't seem to find a shortcut to return??
    Use the "Esc" key.

2) Is there a shortcut to view multiple marriages in family view e.g. I'm looking at Joe Blow with his first wife Mary and 8 children, is there a shortcut key to bring up his second wife Elizabeth and their 3 children??
    type "hns<RETURN>" for Husband's Next Spouse, or "wns<RETURN>" for Wife's Next Spouse.

or

option-h for Husband's Next Spouse and option-w for wife's next spouse.
    (that's option, not command).

I don't think there are short cuts for previous spouses, but you can use "b<RETURN>" for "back" if you've just come from them, or just keep pressing option-h or option-w to circle back around to the first one (fine for most purposes, unless you're dealing with Liz Taylor, Brigham Young, or Etti Plesch....)
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks a bunch, Dennis
      I should have known you'd come to my rescue.

I do have an Elizabeth Taylor in my tree, she was my great grandmother on my mother's side.......really.

Comment

I do have an Elizabeth Taylor in my tree, she was my great grandmother on my mother's side.......really.
        But does she come equipped with seven husbands ?
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Alas, no

Comment

option-h for Husband's Next Spouse and option-w for wife's next spouse.

That is so handy. I have often wondered if there was a quicker way while right clicking etc. Thanks Dennis.
            Robin
            Victoria, Australia

Comment

Working...
            X