This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back 'overview' pedigree chart!

Hi, R9 had a quick 4 generation pedigree chart which printed on one page. Now with R10 I find the PC has lots of options for printing with colours and multiple pages etc but I can not find a simple easy printable 'overview' chart. Am I missing something?
    Thanks
    Margaret

Re: Bring back 'overview' pedigree chart!

The "Overview" in Reunion 9 is called the "Tree View" in Reunion 10.

It's much more useful and flexible in Reunion 10. If you want it to be a "4 generation pedigree chart" you can do that. Just click Tree View (in the NavBar on the left) and then click the Settings button at the bottom (the little gear icon).

For more info, click the Help menu at the top of your screen and select "New Features." The 4th item in the list of new features is the Tree View.
    Last edited by Frank; 13 July 2013, 12:11 AM.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi Frank
      Thank you for your reply. I had realised that Tree View is where I could print a pedigree chart but that is where it gets complicated - too many choices and settings to make - colors, text, orientation, boxes etc. Fantastic if you want something impressive but from what I remember 'overview' was a one click job which just produced a basic chart which could be printed on one sheet.
      You can't please us all! :-)
      Margaret

Comment

Hi Frank
        Apologies! I had been trying to do it through charts! I hadn't realised that the tree view could be manipulated through that button at the bottom. Is there any way of removing the color from the boxes - otherwise when printed in b&w it will come out grey!?
        Thanks
        Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          The "Overview" in Reunion 9 is called the "Tree View" in Reunion 10.

It's much more useful and flexible in Reunion 10. If you want it to be a "4 generation pedigree chart" you can do that. Just click Tree View (in the NavBar on the left) and then click the Settings button at the bottom (the little gear icon).

For more info, click the Help menu at the top of your screen and select "New Features." The 4th item in the list of new features is the Tree View.
          But it is not possible to see side by side the Family View ans the Tree View. I need that possibility! I bough Reunion 10 but never used.

Comment

Originally posted by Boule38 View Post
            But it is not possible to see side by side the Family View ans the Tree View. I need that possibility! I bough Reunion 10 but never used.
            It would be very useful to have more than one instance of the same family file open side by side. Although I have been told that it is not feasible, I know of at least 2 other SW that offer that possibility.
            Mac Mini (late 2012) i5 500GB/16GB

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Parkes View Post
              ...Is there any way of removing the color from the boxes [in the Tree View] - otherwise when printed in b&w it will come out grey!?
              The color can't be removed; however, when I print the tree view to my HP LaserJet printer, the "gray" is actually very light. I.e., content of the chart boxes is, despite the gray gradients, very readable.
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Regarding Tree View vs overview:
                I also found the overview worked very well. I am trying at the moment to print a tree view, that I finally managed to display in a left to right format, The little wheel icon says it is a pedigree
                5 generation chart. When I click on the blue arrow at the bottom, it is gives a title of " People in
                ----- family - and the date. the option to open in pages and print, just displays a list of all of the people in my file. Even when I rename the title, it shows the same thing.
                Is there no easy way to print the tree view I have on the screen?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
                  Regarding Tree View vs overview:
                  I also found the overview worked very well. I am trying at the moment to print a tree view, that I finally managed to display in a left to right format, The little wheel icon says it is a pedigree
                  5 generation chart. When I click on the blue arrow at the bottom, it is gives a title of " People in
                  ----- family - and the date. the option to open in pages and print, just displays a list of all of the people in my file. Even when I rename the title, it shows the same thing.
                  Is there no easy way to print the tree view I have on the screen?
                  Sally, I think you're clicking the wrong Share button (sounds like you're clicking the Share button under the Sidebar). You want to click the Share button under the Tree View.
                  Frank Leister
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Sally, I think you're clicking the wrong Share button (sounds like you're clicking the Share button under the Sidebar). You want to click the Share button under the Tree View.
                    Might not be a bad idea to move that wheel with the pedigree: 'x' generations over next to the share button for the tree view on the next upgrade. That way, people wouldn't confuse the sidebar share button and the tree share button.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X