X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Code?

Hi

I have just upgraded to V.10 but need my V.9 License code to proceed...can anyone tell me where to find this?

Re: License Code?

Originally posted by David Kerr View Post
    Hi

I have just upgraded to V.10 but need my V.9 License code to proceed...can anyone tell me where to find this?
    Yes. Your Reunion 9 license information can be requested by entering your email address on this web page...

I hope you enjoy your upgrade to Reunion 10:-)
    Last edited by Deb; 05 July 2013, 09:30 AM.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by David Kerr View Post
      HiI have just upgraded to V.10 but need my V.9 License code to proceed...can anyone tell me where to find this?
      Sometimes when I do a clean-up on my MacBook Pro I have to re-enter my Reunion password. Sometimes the old one works, sometimes the new one, so it might be worth remembering them both.

FWIW I use a nifty little app/program named SketchBox to save my passwords and other bits and pieces I need to remember. I don't type the passwords as such, just clues that will help me to remember.
      Jan Powell
      in Wellington, New Zealand
      http://www.rellyseeker.nz/
      --
      Apple/Mac since 1987, Reunion since 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Powell View Post
        I don't type the passwords as such, just clues that will help me to remember.
        I do something like that in a plain text file, with the clues disguised as sentences according to a code of my devising. (E.g., "At Boy Scouts camp, upper-class toffs are on pins and needles over impending car trip".) If anyone gains access to my computer, they wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of the file, or even recognize it as a password cheat sheet.
        My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Powell View Post
          Sometimes when I do a clean-up on my MacBook Pro I have to re-enter my Reunion password. Sometimes the old one works, sometimes the new one, so it might be worth remembering them both.

FWIW I use a nifty little app/program named SketchBox to save my passwords and other bits and pieces I need to remember. I don't type the passwords as such, just clues that will help me to remember.
          -----
          Another Program for this is 1Password. I've been using it for years. Very stable and easy to use. Separate databases for: Logins, Accounts, Identities, Secure Notes, Software, Wallet. Keeps track of the bits and pieces you can never seem to find when you need them. Creates a separate random password when needed, up to 50 digits, you can create your own. Turns signing in into two simple click and pastes. I'm a user with no other relationship to the company.
          Last edited by STEVE; 08 July 2013, 05:41 PM. Reason: typo
          STEVE, Reno, NV, USA

Comment

1Password has one other important feature in that it has iOS versions and it will automatically synch across your Mac and iOS devices. I looked at it recently but decided I will continue with my current method which is a passworded database.

By the way, when OS 10.9 Mavericks and iOS 7 come out in a couple months, Apple will have a built in function named iCloud Keychain. For more information, go to http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/#icloud-keychain.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by STEVE View Post
              -----
              Another Program for this is 1Password. I've been using it for years. Very stable and easy to use. Separate databases for: Logins, Accounts, Identities, Secure Notes, Software, Wallet. Keeps track of the bits and pieces you can never seem to find when you need them. Creates a separate random password when needed, up to 50 digits, you can create your own. Turns signing in into two simple click and pastes. I'm a user with no other relationship to the company.
              I keep all my passwords (well nearly all, one or two critical ones don't get in) and licence codes in a password protected workbook. Strong but memorable password, unique to that file. I assume this is safe enough; now and then someone comes on line asking how to open such a workbook when the password has been lost, and the answer invariably is "You can't". I expect MI5 could, but I'm not too worried about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                1Password has one other important feature in that it has iOS versions and it will automatically synch across your Mac and iOS devices. I looked at it recently but decided I will continue with my current method which is a passworded database.

By the way, when OS 10.9 Mavericks and iOS 7 come out in a couple months, Apple will have a built in function named iCloud Keychain. For more information, go to http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/#icloud-keychain.
                If you don't need syncing, the pre-Mavericks version of Keychain is a wonderful and secure facility for storing passwords and notes (as long as your login password is a good one).

There's some good advice at MacWorld http://www.macworld.com/article/2013...in-access.html
                Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Robinson View Post
                  If you don't need syncing, the pre-Mavericks version of Keychain is a wonderful and secure facility for storing passwords and notes (as long as your login password is a good one).

There's some good advice at MacWorld http://www.macworld.com/article/2013...in-access.html
                  Anyone thinking about 1 Password or passwords in general would do well to get a copy of Take Control of Your Passwords by Joe Kissell, one of the Take Control publications of the TidBits folks. It is the most readable and comprehensive discussion of the topic that I am aware of. It can be downloaded to your computer for $15. I have no connection with TidBits other than being an avid reader of their newsletter and several of the Take Control books.
                  John McGee Leggett, Jr.
                  Late 2014 MacMini, MacOS Mojave 10.14.3, Reunion 12, Safari 12.0.3
                  Leggett Booth McGee King Coulter Morton Ashley Douglas Ranard Maners

Comment

Originally posted by John M. Leggett View Post
                    Anyone thinking about 1 Password or passwords in general would do well to get a copy of Take Control of Your Passwords by Joe Kissell, one of the Take Control publications of the TidBits folks. It is the most readable and comprehensive discussion of the topic that I am aware of. It can be downloaded to your computer for $15. I have no connection with TidBits other than being an avid reader of their newsletter and several of the Take Control books.
                    Just looked at http://www.takecontrolbooks.com. Now $10 (& less if buy in a bundle of 3-see sidebar when you look at specific book). If you go to the bottom of the book page, you can download a sample book. I, too, am a satisfied user of some of the Take Control books. Very easy to use.

Thanks, John, for the reminder of these books. I will be getting the password one.
                    Kaye Mushalik
                    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
                    X