This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes field

Maybe this is a known problem. Very occasionally, there is a person in my family file whose Notes field won't take anything. Typing or pasting any text into Notes instantly vanishes as soon as the Notes field is closed. Going back into it, it's always empty. Among my many hundreds of persons, this has happened only a couple of times.
    Any help is appreciated!

Re: Notes field

Originally posted by PGHJ View Post
    Maybe this is a known problem. Very occasionally, there is a person in my family file whose Notes field won't take anything. Typing or pasting any text into Notes instantly vanishes as soon as the Notes field is closed. Going back into it, it's always empty. Among my many hundreds of persons, this has happened only a couple of times.
    Any help is appreciated!
    Hi Paul,

This sounds like a known issue that was fixed in a previous update.

If so, the solution is to...

1. Add a new note field.

2. Then, delete the note field that won't save.

Also, I recommend verifying that you are running our latest version of Reunion. While your family file is still open, choose Help -> Check for Updates. (Reunion will tell you if there is an update available. And, if so, a link will be provided to download that update.)

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Last edited by Frank; 17 June 2013, 03:04 PM.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Hi Paul,

This sounds like a known issue that was fixed in a previous update.

If so, the solution is to...

1. Add a new note field.

2. Then, delete the note field that won't save.

Also, I recommend verifying that you are running our latest version of Reunion. While your family file is still open, choose Help -> Check for Updates. (Reunion will tell you if there is an update available. And, if so, a link will be provided to download that update.)

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
      Thanks Deb,

First, yes, my version of Reunion is current.

Re. your suggestion (deleting the note). If I were to delete that note, would it delete it only for that person, or for all persons using that note type? That would be disastrous!

Paul
      Last edited by Frank; 17 June 2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PGHJ View Post
        Re. your suggestion (deleting the note). If I were to delete that note, would it delete it only for that person, or for all persons using that note type?
        If the note field is deleted from within the Edit Person/Notes panel, you would only be deleting it for that person. (No other note fields would be deleted.)

I.e., follow these steps...

1. Open a family file and go to the person with the note problem.

2. Then, click on that person's name or on any information below that person's name to open the Edit Person panel.

3. Next, click on the Notes tab to open the Notes section.

4. Then, click the "Add Note..." button, select the type of note you would like to add, and click "Add Note."

5. Finally, select the note field that doesn't work and click "Delete Note."

I hope you find this information helpful in clarifying things a bit:-)
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          If the note field is deleted from within the Edit Person/Notes panel, you would only be deleting it for that person. (No other note fields would be deleted.)

I.e., follow these steps...

1. Open a family file and go to the person with the note problem.

2. Then, click on that person's name or on any information below that person's name to open the Edit Person panel.

3. Next, click on the Notes tab to open the Notes section.

4. Then, click the "Add Note..." button, select the type of note you would like to add, and click "Add Note."

5. Finally, select the note field that doesn't work and click "Delete Note."

I hope you find this information helpful in clarifying things a bit:-)
          Yes, Deb, that worked great! I'm still learning about "notes"! Thanks!

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X