This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separating Family Files

Over the years my family file has grown, expanding my family, my wife's family, certain in-laws families, etc.. This has been fine for me, but now I would like to separate various family lines into their own files, but yet maintain my "master file" as is. I don't want to "experiment" with this for fear of disturbing or destroying my present data. Please advise. Thanks for your help.

Re: Separating Family Files

Originally posted by elkriverken View Post
    Over the years my family file has grown, expanding my family, my wife's family, certain in-laws families, etc.. This has been fine for me, but now I would like to separate various family lines into their own files, but yet maintain my "master file" as is. I don't want to "experiment" with this for fear of disturbing or destroying my present data. Please advise. Thanks for your help.
    You'll find that Reunion offers a wide range of ways to export information from your family file in ways that will in no way jeopardize its contents. But let me offer a suggestion.

On the Help menu, choose Contents to open the online manual and then search for "export". I get 25 search results, and the synopsis of the very first one includes a hint that it might be exactly what you want to know. It might well get you started creating separate family files from your master.
    Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

Working...
    X