This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miscell Marriage Event

Hello, I am a new user of Reunion 10, switching over from Legacy due to a new Mac purchase. I must admit there is a bit of a learning curve. I imported a Legacy created Gedcom, and see that under "Events" on the Personal Page, marriages are listed as "Miscell: Marriage". In addition, divorces are listed as *New [DIV] in each instance. From reading the Help manual, it appears that the tags used in the gedcom is what determines these marriages being listed as Miscellaneous Events. I do not understand the meaning of the asterisk New and bracketed DIV. I am wondering if I should deleted these events and create new Event type as simple Marriage and Divorce. Other than the citations that transferred but need their formats cleaned up, everything seems to imported well. The Marriage window in the Family View contains the accurate information for marriage and divorce as it applies.

My question is what effect do these Miscellaneous Marriage Events have on any reports I might run, and why not delete and make regular Marriage and Divorce events? In addition, the choices in Add New Event include at the top: *New [ENGA] *New [MARC] and *New [MARL]. I have no idea what these Events are although I do understand they were likely created through my gedcom download. ENGA might be "Engagement" but what do the others mean?

Thanks,
    Marthe Lawton
    Last edited by mlawton; 30 May 2013, 11:31 PM. Reason: Clarity

Re: Miscell Marriage Event

Okay, Google is my friend. Figured it out. Reunion refers to all the Event tags generated by Legacy as "Miscellaneous Events" and then uses the Type value to define the event in the program and all of the reports. The reports generated are not affected that I can see.

Sorry for the dumb questions...it was late last nite and I was tired. Really liking Reunion so far in some ways better than Legacy.

Marthe Lawton

Comment

Re: Miscell Marriage Event

Welcome to Reunion. There is no such thing as a dumb question! Fire away. There are several regular participants that are very good with the GEDCOM tag subject and generally helping former Legacy users.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
      X