X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving to Applications subfolder

I use Reunion 10.0.6 on OS 10.8.3.

I was having difficulty creating a new family file, or converting a Reunion 9 family file to 10.

I eventually figured out a way round the problem. The problem was due to the family files I have being saved in HD > Applications > Reunion 10 > Family files. I can't remember why I have family files saved there .. I think at some stage it was the applications default, and as a function of tradition I've never changed it.

Each time I try to create a new family file in the Family files folder, Reunion 10 quits, or hangs or just doesn't do anything. (I have the extract from the report to Apple in case it's wanted).

Eventually I had a brain wave and tried saving a new Reunion 10 file to a folder other than inside the Applications, e.g.. Desktop. That made all the difference.

Obviously it's a permissions based issue, but usually applications will request authentication, and then do whatever it is I want to do. I'm reporting it here in case it's a problem which is influenced by Reunion 10 and needs a fix.

Re: Saving to Applications subfolder

The default for Reunion Family Files using Reunion 10 has always been a folder called Reunion Files in the Documents Folder not in Applications, as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Frank; 18 May 2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Go to your Reunion preferences and check what's going on in the "folders" section.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
        I use Reunion 10.0.6 on OS 10.8.3.

I was having difficulty creating a new family file, or converting a Reunion 9 family file to 10.

...The problem was due to the family files I have being saved in HD > Applications > Reunion 10 > Family files....
        While I can't duplicate this problem, it doesn't surprise me. I.e., the OS treats the Applications folder in special ways (which I don't fully understand; I'm just saying that, occasionally when I want to do routine things in the Finder, it starts asking me for a password).

So, bottom line is that I'd recommend not saving any documents in the Applications folder (for any app).

I can't remember why I have family files saved there .. I think at some stage it was the applications default, and as a function of tradition I've never changed it.
        You are right... years ago, sticking everything in the Applications folder was the norm. But that was before OSX.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X