This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listing occurrences of sources

I need to make a list of occurrences of some sources, i.e. the people for whom I have BMD certificates, is there a way in which this can be done? Many thanks for any advice.
    Andrew Allsop

Re: Listing occurrences of sources

Originally posted by Allsop View Post
    I need to make a list of occurrences of some sources, i.e. the people for whom I have BMD certificates, is there a way in which this can be done? Many thanks for any advice.
    While there might be easier ways, I use customized flags.
    Eli Savada
    Bethesda MD

Reunion 14, M3 iMac

Comment

Originally posted by EliInBethesda View Post
      While there might be easier ways, I use customized flags.
      I do too. Of course this is very simple if you are using Bento in conjunction with Reunion.
      Terry

Comment

If I understand your question correctly Andrew, you are wanting a list of all instances where you have used the Source of Civil Registration of BMD Certificates. This is what I did, using Reunion 10.

In the sidebar on the right select Sources. In Type: select Civil Registry. For me the Source No. is 25 and highlight that Source. Select Tools (down the bottom) and select Show Usage of Source 25 (or whatever your Source No. is). Select Share (down the bottom) and select Open with Pages.

The resulting list will provide each person who has a Source for civil registry BMD Certificates.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Yvonne
        researching: LAIT (all) and REEDS (all) in England
        http://www.yvonnereeds.com
        MacBook Air, Reunion 12, Safari 15.

Comment

I'm guessing Andrew is after a list of all the sources he has which are, say, a Marriage Certificate, birth or Death Certificate; and I'm not sure that Yvonne's reply will give this. Apologies if my assumption is wrong.

I too would like a list of all the Certificates I've got as sources, and I think if you've made each certificate a separate source, as I have, then a usage report on say Source 25 or whatever number it is, won't give you that. Of course if you use sources in a general way, it will, but I don't find a source which says just "marriage Certificate" much use. i would always make it refer to one individual, with full detail of that person ,reference number etc.

I too use flags, and can I pose the question another way?. Once I've allocated flags to some one, can I then generate a list or Report of all the people who have that Flag, say a Birth, Marriage or death Certificate?
          Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

The only problem with the use of a customized flag for a marriage certificate is if either of the spousal couple have had other spouse(s) or partner(s). Flags are only assignable to a person, not a couple (or did I miss something in the manual?), so clicking on both people on one marriage where you have a certificate can cause confusion if you pull up a list of all people with that flag.
            Eli Savada
            Bethesda MD

Reunion 14, M3 iMac

Comment

I have used my Sources in a general way.

Source No. 25, Type is Civil Registry, Data is Certificate.

Then in the Detail column, I have typed for each individual, for instance: Birth Certificate BXBZ 531521, Entry No. 312. Walter George GLYNN born 1 August 1847 at Hornchurch, Romford, Essex, father: John GLYNN, farmer and mother: Sarah GLYNN formerly FINCH.

So when a Source Usage Report is generated it does list each individual who has Source No. 25, Civil Registry Certificate and also the individual's details from the Detail column.

I'm guessing it is really about how one makes use of Sources in the first place and it is great to see that we all use Reunion differently to suit our own needs.

Yvonne
              researching: LAIT (all) and REEDS (all) in England
              http://www.yvonnereeds.com
              MacBook Air, Reunion 12, Safari 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Medlar View Post
                I do too. Of course this is very simple if you are using Bento in conjunction with Reunion.
                Hi Terry

Could you please elaborate on how you use Bento - sounds interesting!

Thanks
                Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Parkes View Post
                  Hi Terry

Could you please elaborate on how you use Bento - sounds interesting!

Thanks
                  Margaret
                  I bought Bento and downloaded the free genealogy templates. They are amazing. Currently I am recording all the 1940 census records. I know they can be stored in files in the reunion document files, but this is so much neater. Another useful category under Evidence is "Needs further definition"and a category "Current Research Questions" I believe these templates were developed by a member of this forum.
                  Terry

Comment

Originally posted by EliInBethesda View Post
                    The only problem with the use of a customized flag for a marriage certificate is if either of the spousal couple have had other spouse(s) or partner(s). Flags are only assignable to a person, not a couple (or did I miss something in the manual?), so clicking on both people on one marriage where you have a certificate can cause confusion if you pull up a list of all people with that flag.
                    I use flags primarily for physical locations, so when I am going to be at the Rush Medical School archives, either in person or online, I know who, and therefore what, I need to research.
                    David Moody, USA
                    deltalimemike@gmail.com
                    https://www.moodylapointe.com

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Medlar View Post
                      I bought Bento and downloaded the free genealogy templates. They are amazing. Currently I am recording all the 1940 census records. I know they can be stored in files in the reunion document files, but this is so much neater. Another useful category under Evidence is "Needs further definition"and a category "Current Research Questions" I believe these templates were developed by a member of this forum.
                      Just FYI - I was going to check this out online (Dec 2013). I put the term "Bento Software" into a search engine. The immediate note that came up was that Filemaker is no longer manufacturing this software as of 30 September 2013. They will support it through July 2014 only.

Comment

Originally posted by Allsop View Post
                        If you don't want to create flags;
                        In the Sources sidebar, type an entry to limit the sources to BMD certificates, e.g. type Birth certificates in the search field and then click on the image or attachment field so the sources are sorted by the number of images attached to the source. Then click on the bottom blue share and create a report of sources.

This will show all sources but is sorted in order of sources with most to least or no attachments. Now, scroll down the list of sources in Reunion and stop at the first one without an attachment. Go back to the report, scroll down to the same source # and delete it and all others following to end of document.

This report now contains all birth certificates with attachments.

Repeat process for next type of document.

PC

Comment

Originally posted by lmarker View Post
                          Just FYI - I was going to check this out online (Dec 2013). I put the term "Bento Software" into a search engine. The immediate note that came up was that Filemaker is no longer manufacturing this software as of 30 September 2013. They will support it through July 2014 only.
                          @larker - Email me about this - kmfyi (at) mac.....the usual.
                          Kaye Mushalik
                          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
                          X