This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to delete unnamed

I open My Family. On the right hand side of page is a list of people on my tree plus many, many unnamed at the top of the list. When I go to delete (under file) I have the options of
    selected person, marked people, unmarked people and family record.

I click on one of the unnamed, after looking to see what it is, and then go to file and select delete. Nothing happens. I try the next one. Same story and so on for 20 or so unnamed on the people list on the right hand side of page.

What am I doing wrong and how do I delete all those 'unnamed' correctly.
    Thanks, Mary J. Levenspiel

Re: how to delete unnamed

Drag the "unnamed" panel - not the listing - to the Clipboard near the bottom of the Sidebar. That is equivalent to dragging a file to the Trash on your Mac. Or select the "unnamed" panel then go File >> Delete >> then whichever choice is appropriate.

Like with your Mac, every now and again you should "empty the trash" by clearing the clipboard.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Drag the "unnamed" panel - not the listing - to the Clipboard near the bottom of the Sidebar. That is equivalent to dragging a file to the Trash on your Mac. Or select the "unnamed" panel then go File >> Delete >> then whichever choice is appropriate.

Like with your Mac, every now and again you should "empty the trash" by clearing the clipboard.
      Mr White I tried your suggestion and now I still have the Unknown and now I also have that person showing as unk. Help!
      Last edited by DelbertCurlin; 22 March 2013, 12:09 PM. Reason: I mispelled unk as ink.
      Delbert Curlin
      Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
      Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

I also have this problem, although I have only one. At the top of the People index appears Unnamed. When I click on it it goes to a family where the parents have names and there are no children. So there is an index entry but no Person record for anyone named Unnamed. Dragging Unnamed to the clip board and deleting from there does not delete the index entry.

David
        Gilbert - Fulcher - Hackney - Harvey - Holmes - Hall
        in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by gilbertdh View Post
          ........Dragging Unnamed to the clip board and deleting from there does not delete the index entry. David
          My mistake as I didn't notice that the index entry was still alive. Some experimenting this morning found... I clicked on unnamed's now blank panel on the family record. I then simply highlighted and deleted the name that was still there (?), clicked Done and the index entry instantly disappeared. BTW, if you are in the usual sort of "last name, first name", those "unnamed" being first indicates they are in the first name field.

Perhaps someone has a better way. I'm just trying to help. I have actually never had such a record in all my years of using Reunion. Go figure!
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I have found that by unchecking "unmark" everyone and then I check those that I want to delete. Then File>Delete>Marked People
            This works for me, hope it help
            Ron
            Last edited by Frank; 23 March 2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Gephart View Post
              I have found that by unchecking "unmark" everyone and then I check those that I want to delete. Then File>Delete>Marked People
              This works for me, hope it help
              Ron
              Thanks for the help. I'm just getting too old to fight this program with all the advanced technology they have included. I need to go back to the Card system Reunion which was simple to use.

Thanks again - I'll just keep trying not to mess things up I guess.
              Delbert Curlin
              Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
              Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

Working...
              X