This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Reunionizer

In looking through the FAQ's I found there is an "application?" Reunionizer, for restoring missing Family Files..... could this also be used to restore lost Sources? I bought a new Mac, had the Apple store transfer the data, and found that most of my Sources were not transferred. I don't remember how many I had, but it was a bunch, and I'm not sure I could accurately go through my files and enter them again. It's been almost a year since this was done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Old Granny Lola
    Middle Iowa

Re: Using Reunionizer

Reunionizer was an application which restored identifying information to the externals of a file which allowed Reunion to recognize it as a Reunion file. It did nothing to the data within the file, including the sources.

When you say sources weren't transferred, do you mean the numbered sources in the source list (which are a part of the file and actually can't be left behind), or do you mean the multimedia files containing the source documents (which are linked and can be either left behind or unlinked)?
    Last edited by ttl; 22 February 2013, 11:19 AM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Using Reunionizer

Originally posted by ttl View Post
      Reunionizer was an application which restored identifying information to the externals of a file which allowed Reunion to recognize it as a Reunion file. It did nothing to the data within the file, including the sources.

When you say sources weren't transferred, do you mean the numbered sources in the source list (which are a part of the file and actually can't be left behind), or do you mean the multimedia files containing the source documents (which are linked and can be either left behind or unlinked)?
      I am so sorry.... it was a matter of not remembering where to look. They appear to all be intact. It has been quite some time since I've used Reunion and there is much I need to brush up on.... especially before posting a question. Again I apologize, I'm so embarrassed.
      Old Granny Lola
      Middle Iowa

Comment

Working...
      X