This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Oral History iPad App

Wasn't sure where to put this...no problem if it is moved.

Yesterday, I downloaded an iPad app called StoryPress (will be out for Android later). It's a recording app with prompts and "book" formation. The books are saved in StoryPress' cloud. First 5 books are free...if you want unlimited storage, it is $49/year. I'm quite impressed with the app so far. You might want to take a look. Also, their website - storypress.com - has some parts of actual books already done. Take a look and let me know what you think.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Re: New Oral History iPad App

Hmmm.. I guess I don't see why this is necessary - over just using the built in voice recorder and syncing the audio files to your computer and labeling them. That's what I did for my grandparents and elderly aunts and uncles. Also, I found that, while I had to come up with interview questions, they wouldn't stay on a single topic, so I had to just let them wander around and then transcribe/edit the audio later. Or I gave them a stack of photos and asked them to talk about them, labeling them with numbers and saying the numbers to get it on the tape.

Comment

Working...
    X