Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlight direct ancestors of Home Card?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlight direct ancestors of Home Card?

In the Family View, or in a Web Project, is there a way to highlight (make a name bold or italics, anything) direct ancestors of the person in the Home Card?

When I make a Web Project and share it with relatives, if they go too far up the tree they get lost and have no easy way to navigate back down to our generation.

Example: If someone is 5 generations above the Home Card, in a Web Project, they see two parents and 10 kids. It would be helpful if the one child who was the direct ancestor were highlighted somehow.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

Paul

Re: Highlight direct ancestors of Home Card?

Hi Paul,

The feature you're looking for is "Direct Lines Bold", which can be found under "Change". This will bold children that take you back to the selected person in the file. The children will also be bolded on the family card of the web report.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi Paul,

The feature you're looking for is "Direct Lines Bold", which can be found under "Change". This will bold children that take you back to the selected person in the file. The children will also be bolded on the family card of the web report.

HTH
      What a wonderful feature.

Thanks.

I see that this appears also in the Web Project, as an arrow next to a person's name in the Children list. This is great.

I only wish that this arrow also appeared for each direct ancestor when listed in the Index.

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_LCC View Post
        I only wish that this arrow also appeared for each direct ancestor when listed in the Index.

No, it's not possible to do that - though you could add this to the wish list, if you'd like.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_LCC View Post
          What a wonderful feature.

Thanks.

I see that this appears also in the Web Project, as an arrow next to a person's name in the Children list. This is great.

Thanks.

Paul
          Paul,
          I normally have all direct ancestors marked. Then the mark shows up on the index. It works for me.

Best,
          Ken
          Last edited by Deb; 12 November 2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Ozanne View Post
            Paul,
            I normally have all direct ancestors marked. Then the mark shows up on the index. It works for me.

Best,
            Ken
            I tried marking all ancestors, and making a web project.

I looked in the index. I do not see any mark next to direct ancestors.

I must be missing something.

Can you clarify?

Thanks.

Paul

Comment

I think Ken was referring to the list of people in the sidebar (or in the list window, formerly known as the index), rather than an index in a web project.
              Frank Leister
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X