I

Re: Empty PDF Graphic File

[QUOTE=Stephen Hill;36148]I
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Hi Stephen,

What program are you using to open the PDF file?

Certain PDF applications, specifically Adobe Reader, will display PDF files as empty if they have a single page over 400" (width or height). However, if you open the PDF with Apples Preview application it will display fine.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I've taken out the view to 1600% and trawled down and across the entire length of the file.
        Ditto at 100%. No image or blue rectangle - using scroll up and across.

If I run the cursor across the file, blue rectangles appear in the shape of tree boxes.

If I view Attachments and wiggle the cursor across the page I get a cursor point as if text is attached. When I move this across the page it reveals the blue rectangles.

In the side bar I get 'What word or phrase would you like to search for?' If i enter one of the tree names I get a partial list of that name - I think this must relate to the 'page or column I'm in - of course this is all guess work as I don't really know what I'm looking at - It seems I'm searching Attachment!!!???.

It seems I can search for districts, first names, last names, but not streets or years.

Clicking on the Districrts makes the blue rectangle move from spot to spot across the file/doc. But I see no tree - just a blank white page

So ????

Comment

Hi mark.
          Have just seen your post. Will check out the Reader - back in a while

Comment

I tried Preview and it opened the PDF fine. However. How can a PC owner open the PDF?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Hill View Post
              I tried Preview and it opened the PDF fine. However. How can a PC owner open the PDF?
              I know for certain that Foxit Reader (a free PDF reader for Windows) will open and display these PDFs just fine, but there may be other PDF applications for Windows that don't have this problem. It seems to be mostly an Adobe Reader issue.
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Mark

Comment

Working...
                X