X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a PDF of a relationship chart

Hi,

Seeking suggestions on creating a relationship chart from the 'Find relationship between two people' and force it to display on a single page. I guess it is a combination of text, box sizes and the amount of data displayed in the boxes. I could not find a preference setting that would allow me to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hayward...
    Mac Studio, A1 Max, 64GB memory, Sonoma 14.2.1

Re: Creating a PDF of a relationship chart

Originally posted by HJKeats View Post
    Hi,

Seeking suggestions on creating a relationship chart from the 'Find relationship between two people' and force it to display on a single page. I guess it is a combination of text, box sizes and the amount of data displayed in the boxes. I could not find a preference setting that would allow me to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Are you looking to print it, or are you looking to just make a PDF? If it's just a PDF then you can use any custom paper size that best fits the chart.

Comment

Hi jmayes, thanks for responding to my request. Usually these charts are just two simple flow graphs from a single box (single pair of individuals) and will cascade down to the two individuals I'm seeking to draw a relationship to. I want to include it as an attachment to a report and some point I guess for the individual receiving to be able to print it. So ultimately print it on a single 8 1/2 x 11 page.
      Hayward...

Comment

Originally posted by HJKeats View Post
        I want to include it as an attachment to a report and some point I guess for the individual receiving to be able to print it. So ultimately print it on a single 8 1/2 x 11 page.
        I think the part you need to know about (since you already seem to be able to create the chart) is that you adjust the size it prints at in the print dialog box.

But before you get to that point, you can also use the commands on the "Tree" menu to "squeeze" the pedigree; a short cut is to hold down the command key and use the arrow keys to "shrink" the space between boxes in the direction of the arrow. Once you have it to your liking, you move to the next step.

If you choose the "Page Setup" command for the chart, you'll see a window with three pull-down menus, with the one at the top being "Settings:" and showing "Page Attributes". Choose "Reunion" on that "Settings:" menu and it will give you printing suggestions, along the line of "switch to the horizontal orientation" and "to print a chart 1 page in width: 70%".

So to make a page fit on one page, you want to follow those suggestions., then save it as a pdf; that way when the person receives it, it will print on one page for them.

If it's too large to be readable when printed on one page, you will need to make a multi-page pdf. Follow the same steps, make it one page wide by setting the width to the suggested one. Then, under the "Tree" menu, select "Move Boxes Off Page Breaks". This will make the page end on lines, not boxes, so boxes will be readable. Then save that as a pdf, and it should print correctly as a multipage pdf.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks Dennis it worked like a charm.
          Hayward...

Comment

Working...
          X