This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Reunion & Multimedia files

Hi, I've been having 2 problems. I am running OS X 10.8.2. The first is reopening my family file. I can go to the launchpad and select the Reunion icon and successfully open the file initially. However when I later try to reopen it from my dock nothing happens. If I quit Reunion, then reopen it, it works OK.

The second problem is with attaching pictures in the multimedia file. I have had no issues in the past but now when I do it, the picture attaches but is not visible, just an icon of a camera. If I click on the camera it will show the picture. Also when I am attaching a picture there is a spoked wheel that seems like it is indicating it is working, but it never finishes.

I checked for updates thinking this might be a fixable problem, but I am running the most current copy of Reunion.

Thanks,
    Linda

Re: Opening Reunion & Multimedia files

Originally posted by Linda1710 View Post
    Hi, I've been having 2 problems. I am running OS X 10.8.2. The first is reopening my family file. I can go to the launchpad and select the Reunion icon and successfully open the file initially. However when I later try to reopen it from my dock nothing happens. If I quit Reunion, then reopen it, it works OK.

The second problem is with attaching pictures in the multimedia file. I have had no issues in the past but now when I do it, the picture attaches but is not visible, just an icon of a camera. If I click on the camera it will show the picture. Also when I am attaching a picture there is a spoked wheel that seems like it is indicating it is working, but it never finishes.

I checked for updates thinking this might be a fixable problem, but I am running the most current copy of Reunion.

Thanks,
    Linda
    I have had the same two problems with the most current version.

Comment

Sorry that you are having the same problem, but am somewhat relieved that I am not alone. Hopefully there will be a fix.

Thanks,
      Linda

Comment

...when I later try to reopen it from my dock nothing happens.
        We are not seeing this here so we need more details about what you're doing. When you say that nothing happens when you click on the Reunion icon in the Dock, does the word Reunion appear in the top left corner of your screen? Does a file open window appear? How did you close your family file after you opened it? Where is your family file located?
        ...attaching pictures in the multimedia file. I have had no issues in the past but now when I do it, the picture attaches but is not visible, just an icon of a camera.
        We are not seeing this one either. How are you linking multimedia files and where on your system are the original media files located?
        Last edited by Gregg; 23 October 2012, 07:17 AM.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          We are not seeing this here so we need more details about what you're doing. When you say that nothing happens when you click on the Reunion icon in the Dock, does the word Reunion appear in the top left corner of your screen? Does a file open window appear? How did you close your family file after you opened it? Where is your family file located?
          We are not seeing this one either. How are you linking multimedia files and where on your system are the original media files located?
          Gregg,

As for the Multimedia issue, it seems to happen sometimes when I use the "choose" button to link a file. It does not seem to happen when I drag and drop the file.

The issue with opening Reunion is a tougher one. I'm not sure I know exactly when that happens. I usually have two browsers open with Ancestry when I use Reunion. That has to do with Ancestry not playing nice with Safari in some respects and Opera not playing nice with Finder files and Reunion. At some point when I look up Reunion has disappeared (crashed?) and it won't re-open from the Dock. It shows as still being open on the toolbar, however so I have to close it from the toolbar and then reopen it from the Dock. If I figure out what I am doing when it happens I will add another message to this thread.

Thanks.

- Bill

Comment

Hi Greg,
            With regards to the Multimedia files, currently I have my pictures in a folder on the desktop. When I upgraded Reunion, many pictures were lost so I've been rebuilding those. When I go to attach a pictures I just click choose from the file and it moves just fine. But some of the time, about 70%, it is not visible. The title of the picture is there right below a icon that looks like a sheet of paper with a camera on it.

Regarding opening the Reunion file, when I click on the Reunion icon in my dock the toolbar shows: Reunion - file - help. If I click on File, open recent, nothing happens If I click on File then open, I can then select "my family file". If I open Reunion from the Launchpad it opens to the Open window and I can then select "my family file". This is just a change from before when I could just click on the dock icon and it would open directly to my family's file. And there are times when the only thing that works it to quite Reunion and reopen it.

Thanks for your help,
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X