This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workflow with Ancestry Hints and Searches

In my search for the perfect software I have copies of Reunion 10, FTM for Mac and FTM 2012 for PC. In addition I have the Reunion app and Ancestry app on my iPad1.

Pros:
    I very much like the syncing ability of FTM 2012 and my Ancestry web tree to incorporate new data into my tree.

I like the fact I can sit in my comfy chair on a Sunday morning and review the Ancestry app for new hints.

I very much like Reunion for iPad for use as I travel. I used it just last week on a road trip where I collected some new information, and could view my current data when visiting historic cemeteries.

Cons:
    FTM suffers many crashes. I had one last night that reminded me why I had moved to Reunion 10.

Dilemma:
    I am looking for suggestions on workflow to incorporate new information found through the Ancestry website into Reunion 10. I am sure I am not the only one using Ancestry for searches, hints, citations etc. What workflows are you using?

Thanks in advance, Grant
    ``````````````````````````````
    Grant

Re: Workflow with Ancestry Hints and Searches

Of course, just after I posted that question I found Ben Sayer's video on web searches from within Reunion 10. http://genealogytools.com/using-reun...earch-the-web/

That might be the trick I was looking for to allow me to incorporate findings from Ancestry into my tree. I will have to test the web search function this evening.
    ``````````````````````````````
    Grant

Comment

Working...
    X