This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Group Sheets & WORD

I have discovered that if I change the destination of the Family Group Sheet to my Printer - instead of to Microsoft Word, I can get the printed sheets that I want.

I'm trying to create and print Family Group Sheets in Reunion 10 with MS WORD 8 for Mac. The charts do not show up in WORD. I had no problem creating these reports with Reunion 9 and an older version of WORD.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by AnneMurray; 12 September 2012, 06:26 PM. Reason: solved problem

Re: Family Group Sheets & WORD

I am wondering what happened to the format of the family group sheets in Reunion 10. I liked the way they looked in Reunion 9. Any way we can get them back?

Comment

Anne,

My first thought is that you need to point Reunion to the currently installed copy of Microsoft Word. If you go to Reunion -> Preferences, Reports, Word Processor you can select "Other..." from the drop-down and then locate and select your currently installed version of Word.

Susan,

The sheets should be the same as they were in 9 - what's your Destination set to in 10, and what Destination did you have selected in 9?
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan Collard View Post
        I am wondering what happened to the format of the family group sheets in Reunion 10. I liked the way they looked in Reunion 9. Any way we can get them back?
        So, do I have this correct?...
        -If I send FG Sheet to Pages (or other word processor), I get the RTF format-just text & spacing. Looks like it-searched manual "RTF" (without the quotes).
        -If I send FG Sheet to Printer, I will get the old format.

If correct, this means that, if I want a PDF of the old format, I need to set it up through the Printer.

Just wanting to make sure. Was this the way it was in Reunion 9?
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
          ...if I want a PDF of the old format, I need to set it up through the Printer.
          Correct

Was this the way it was in Reunion 9?
          It was slightly different in that there was a "Print Preview" option in Reunion 9, instead of selecting "Printer" and then clicking "Preview" in the Print screen that drops-down.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou all, solved my question and I didn't have to ask!

S

Comment

Working...
            X