This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Marked People importing others?

I'm new to Reunion, trying to import groups of people from another Reunion Family File provided by family member, and I must not understand something. I mark the people in the "other file" that I wish to import. Go to my file, import marked people and it imports more people than just those marked. For example, I marked 153 people, it imported them plus others for a total of 191. I marked 175 people, it imported them plus others for a total of 213. I've poured through the Manual and thought I was doing the importing correctly. Any ideas?
    Added--could it be that anytime you import a person, their spouse(s) are imported too even though they might not have been "marked" for import?
    Last edited by Lexingtondavid; 10 September 2012, 01:40 PM. Reason: Added possible reason

Re: Import Marked People importing others?

The problem could possibly lie with your method of marking. There are several options to marking. Look up Marking in the manual and see if that sheds light for you.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

You may need to "unmark everyone" first. The file may contain marked people from your family member. Then mark those you need.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Maybe I'm not being very clear on my question--I'm not having any trouble marking who I'd like to mark. My question relates to importing the marked people into another file. I'm finding that it imports many more people who are not marked (I've checked) in the source file but end up being imported to the destination file anyway. My examples included where I marked 153 people in the source file (using the Mark panel to import descendants of...), went to the destination file and imported marked people (saying to mark them in the destination file) from the source file and got 191 marked people in the destination file. My theory is that it is importing "families of" people who I marked somehow, not just the individuals marked.

Comment

What you're seeing is probably caused by the fact that spouses of marked entries are also imported when you import the marked entries.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X