This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remarriage

I am having a lot of trouble entering a second marriage between the same two people; what used to work for me in R9 seems not to work in R10.

Here's the problem:
    Andy marries Betty. They divorce.
    Andy marries Betty again.

To enter Andy's second marriage, if I try to drag Betty back to the family card from the sidebar, nothing happens.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Re: remarriage

What happens if you use the menu instead of dragging? Popup by the plus sign in upper left.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      What happens if you use the menu instead of dragging? Popup by the plus sign in upper left.
      Tried Bob's suggestion and it worked properly for me.
      Kevan
      Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
      Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
        Tried Bob's suggestion and it worked properly for me.
        Kevan
        I'm obviously a little dense, but using the (+) and selecting "Add spouse from the sidebar", I still have to drag the spouse from the sidebar and it still doesn't seem to work....
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Went back to R9 and played... Are you dropping it on the current spouse's name button? That is required and will give you a dialog box asking Don't Add or Add. (Likewise in R10 but the R10 dialog has an extra choice... Merge.)
          Last edited by Bob White; 08 September 2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            Went back to R9 and played... Are you dropping it on the current spouse's name button? That is required and will give you a dialog box asking Don't Add or Add. (Likewise in R10 but the R10 dialog has an extra choice... Merge.)
            I know how to add a marriage, the problem is that Reunion won't add a second marriage between the same two people.

A way around this is to add a fake spouse, then add the original wife, then delete the fake spouse. So you "marry" Adam and Eve, add a fake second wife Lilith, and with Adam and Lilith showing, you can add Eve again as Adam's wife. You can then delete Lilith and have the two marriages between Adam and Eve.

I guess there's no easier way to do it.
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

My apologies! I sort of missed that point. I was dwelling upon the mechanics of doing it. If it is like lots of other check/match routines, you may not have to use "Lilith" when "Even" would do since one letter is different from "Eve." It might be helpful here if Leister staff can tell us how their matching criteria works in this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
                ... A way around this is to add a fake spouse, then add the original wife, then delete the fake spouse ...
                Thanks for the work around Dennis. I've been frustrated by this issue from the day I started using V10. Seem to keep finding "can't live with them, can't live without them" couples in my research.
                Follow Up - sorry that method does not 'Stick" - on closing and reopening the file, the two separate couples are reunited as are the children from each union, and one marriage date is 'lost'.
                Last edited by Peter Cook; 10 September 2012, 09:48 PM.
                Peter Cook
                Rossmoyne, Western Australia
                OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Cook View Post
                  Thanks for the work around Dennis. I've been frustrated by this issue from the day I started using V10. Seem to keep finding "can't live with them, can't live without them" couples in my research.
                  Follow Up - sorry that method does not 'Stick" - on closing and reopening the file, the two separate couples are reunited as are the children from each union, and one marriage date is 'lost'.
                  So far it's "stuck" for me, so I don't quite know what's going on.
                  Attached Files
                  Dennis J. Cunniff
                  Click here to email me

Comment

Is this something that Leister is working on? I used the workaround suggested here and it works, but this is far less simple than previous versions were. Considering this occurs more often than I would have imagined (I have run across it twice this week), please accept this plea to revert to previous functionality.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Cook View Post
                      A further note, that with 10.0.5, I now can get these remarriages to stick. May have been with 10.0.4, however haven't revisited this issue since my previous post.
                      Peter Cook
                      Rossmoyne, Western Australia
                      OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Working...
                      X