X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing event types

Good evening,

After lots of experimenting I have decided to switch back to Reunion (I was a Reunion 9 user a couple years back). I therefore imported my GEDCOM file into R10 and am in the process of tidying things up - everyone knows how tedious that can be at times, especially with a file containing close to 70000 individuals.

I have noticed that the census events were important as "Misc: Census" instead of "Census". Is there a way to switch all of the "Misc: Census" events to "Census" ones, preserving associated data and sources? I looked at the Preferences/Fields window but it does not seem to be possible. Doing them manually is out of the question as my file contains 1369 individual "Misc Event" entries, most of them being census events.

On a different note, the Preferences/Fields/Usage window shows an "** invalid - 13" fact (with a count of zero) which doesn't show up anywhere else.

Regards,
    Benoit Bousquet
    Reunion 14

Re: Replacing event types

Originally posted by bbousquet View Post
    Is there a way to switch all of the "Misc: Census" events to "Census" ones, preserving associated data and sources? I looked at the Preferences/Fields window but it does not seem to be possible.
    If the only "Misc:" you have is the "Misc: Census" you could do this using the Preferences/Fields/Move feature, but if you have other Misc. Events there is no way to move just the Census ones.

The fix for this would require modifying the GEDCOM to give appropriate tags to the "EVEN" entries. E.g., in the case of census events the correct GEDCOM tag is "CENS".

On a different note, the Preferences/Fields/Usage window shows an "** invalid - 13" fact (with a count of zero) which doesn't show up anywhere else.
    If you e-mail the file to us we can fix this and return a fixed file to you (if you send the file, please don't make any changes until we return it to you).

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X