This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlighting/marking or tagging a source

I'm currently redoing all my sources, and there's a couple I wish to leave to be done at a later date. Is there any way to mark, highlight or flag these sources so I can easily recognise them again? If not I'm certain someone will have a suggestion to help me out, please don't be shy
    Thanks in advance
    Sue

Re: Highlighting/marking or tagging a source

Originally posted by suzivegemite View Post
    I'm currently redoing all my sources, and there's a couple I wish to leave to be done at a later date. Is there any way to mark, highlight or flag these sources so I can easily recognise them again? If not I'm certain someone will have a suggestion to help me out, please don't be shy
    Thanks in advance
    Sue
    (1) I would suggest to simply double click the source and add WIP (work in progress) to the beginning of the title. You can then search for the wording "WIP" in titles to show which sources you need to update at a later stage.
    (2) Another idea i had was to create a new source type called "WIP" and then double click the source and change its source type to WIP. That means you lose the original source type but you can show all source type called WIP in the source sidebar.
    (3) You could also create a custom field, add that field to each source that you want to update later, you could enter some words in it that might indicate the type of updating that you need to do later and then delete the field after the updating is complete.
    (4) You could also leave the sources alone altogether and simply record the source number in a log file.
    There are probably other ways, it depends how intrusive you want to be.

Comment

Ooh! I like the WIP in the title idea. That doesn't mess with too much but makes it easy to search.
      Thanks a bunch
      Sue

Comment

Originally posted by s1xc00k View Post
        (1) I would suggest to simply double click the source and add WIP (work in progress) to the beginning of the title. You can then search for the wording "WIP" in titles to show which sources you need to update at a later stage.
        (2) Another idea i had was to create a new source type called "WIP" and then double click the source and change its source type to WIP. That means you lose the original source type but you can show all source type called WIP in the source sidebar.
        (3) You could also create a custom field, add that field to each source that you want to update later, you could enter some words in it that might indicate the type of updating that you need to do later and then delete the field after the updating is complete.
        (4) You could also leave the sources alone altogether and simply record the source number in a log file.
        There are probably other ways, it depends how intrusive you want to be.
        ---------
        As a variation of (1) and (3), I'd suggest creating a custom field "WIP" but be sure to check the box labeled "Exclude from endnotes" and leave the GEDCOM tag blank. In this way your "WIP" reminder to yourself will not appear in any report you make or in any GEDCOM you exchange with other researchers. Yet it will appear to you any time you selected the source.

Lee James Irwin
        FamilyMatters Research

Comment

Working...
        X