This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about V10 shortcut

I just upgraded from V9 and found that one of my most often used shortcuts no longer works.
    In v9 when I entered a new person's name I used cmd forward arrow to jump to the next dialog window section so I could then enter a birth date. This no longer seems to work and I wonder why?
    I did find a new but more cumbersome short cut to do the same thing: cmd shift ]. But it is going to take a while to train my muscle memory.
    Also when I enter a new name I always enter a source using the shortcut: cmd R. I noticed when I did that the Reminders on display in the sidebar updated. Is that feature on purpose or did it just work out that way?

Re: Curious about V10 shortcut

Originally posted by Mick O'Halloran View Post
    In v9 when I entered a new person's name I used cmd forward arrow to jump to the next dialog window section so I could then enter a birth date.
    This is one of the shortcuts that changed in R10. Another alternative (in addition to the Shift-Command-bracket you mentioned) is to press Command-1, Command-2, Command-3 etc. to show the different sections when you're in the Edit Person panel. This shortcut works in all Reunion windows with multiple "tabs" or sections.

One reason this changed was to be more consistent with text editing in other apps, where Command-Left Arrow/Right Arrow moves the cursor to the beginning/end of a text field.

One reason we implemented the Shift-Command-Bracket shortcuts to change tabs is because these are standard shortcuts in browsers like Safari and Firefox to change tabs.

Also when I enter a new name I always enter a source using the shortcut: cmd R. I noticed when I did that the Reminders on display in the sidebar updated. Is that feature on purpose or did it just work out that way?
    Command-R still enters the most recent source citation IF you are in the Edit Person panel. If you're out on the family view, then Shift-Command-R shows the Reminders. Whereas Command-R (in the family view) returns to the Home family.

If you choose Help -> Upgrading from Reunion's menu at the top, and then click the "Changes in Reunion 10" topic, you can browse through other changes between R9 and R10.
    Last edited by Frank; 28 July 2012, 09:15 AM.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X