This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place Standardization

I have been using Reunion 4Ever and like the new version. I have been going through manually all my USA places and standardizing most as CITY, COUNTY, STATE, USA (although things like independent cities can throw this out of whack. In Reunion 9 and earlier, I had used a method for showing a visual indicator to display a confirmation of EXACT location or confirmation of a vital certificate for that event (birth/death/marriage). I used an EM DASH (
    Eli Savada
    Bethesda MD

R11.0.3, ReunionTouch, 2x2 2.8 GHx Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 10.7.5

Re: Place Standardization

Can't believe I've gotten no comments! Is it my breath?
    Eli Savada
    Bethesda MD

Comment

[QUOTE=EliInBethesda;34863]I have been using Reunion 4Ever and like the new version. I have been going through manually all my USA places and standardizing most as CITY, COUNTY, STATE, USA (although things like independent cities can throw this out of whack. In Reunion 9 and earlier, I had used a method for showing a visual indicator to display a confirmation of EXACT location or confirmation of a vital certificate for that event (birth/death/marriage). I used an EM DASH (
      Arnold
      -----
      RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

[QUOTE=AE Palmer;34875]For what it
        Eli Savada
        Bethesda MD

Comment

Originally posted by EliInBethesda View Post
          When you use the burial place, what order would you put everything? Eli
          The most logical geographic order is from largest (generic) to smallest (specific.) But that runs counter to current address naming conventions. Therefore, the next best solution is to go from specific to generic: Grave number (if available), Plot, Section, Cemetery, Address (optional), Town, County, State, Country.

Originally posted by EliInBethesda View Post
          The special characters provide a quick, visual sign that I have a certificate of the birth/death/marriage. Just because you have a source attached to a place does not indicate you have the certificate (or a scan). Or am I mistaken?

Eli
          Ah! I see what you are driving at
          Arnold
          -----
          RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Working...
          X