This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Limit in Misc Notes in Reunion 10

In Reunion 9 I created a Misc Note that had 81,149 characters. I have found a data error that I want to correct however I find that Reunion 10 won't let me edit this Misc Note because the field is now limited to 64,000 characters.

OK, I understand the limitation, but Reunion 10 will not even allow me to delete some characters to reduce the character count. It gives me the "This field is limited to 64000 characters" error message when I attempt to delete.

How can I correct the data error I have in this Misc Note?
    Last edited by Frank; 09 July 2012, 04:55 PM.
    Bob Farmer
    http://tinyurl.com/84rok83

Re: Character Limit in Misc Notes in Reunion 10

What you'll need to do is copy the entire text of the Note into another document (e.g. a text file created using TextEdit), edit it to be under the 64K character limit, then create a new Note for the person and paste the text into that note. You can then delete the old note (or keep it if you'd like, but you won't be able to edit it).

Also, note, we tried to contact you about this via e-mail but our e-mail was bounced back -- please send an e-mail to help@leisterpro.com with a working e-mail address so that we can update our records, thanks!
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Character Limit in Misc Notes in Reunion 10

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      What you'll need to do is copy the entire text of the Note into another document (e.g. a text file created using TextEdit), edit it to be under the 64K character limit, then create a new Note for the person and paste the text into that note. You can then delete the old note (or keep it if you'd like, but you won't be able to edit it).

Also, note, we tried to contact you about this via e-mail but our e-mail was bounced back -- please send an e-mail to help@leisterpro.com with a working e-mail address so that we can update our records, thanks!
      Thank you Mark, I worked it out per your instructions. Also, I updated my email address.
      Last edited by Deb; 10 July 2012, 04:04 PM.
      Bob Farmer
      http://tinyurl.com/84rok83

Comment

Working...
      X