This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Size and Resolution

I would like to link photo images to some source documents and have the ability to print them out if needed. Will this require overly large files? It looks like Reunion recommends 72dpi images which would be fine for web and computer viewing, so I am not sure if 300dpi will cause problems.

Is there a "best practice" for using images? I intend to have a folder for jpg format Reunion Images in the Dropbox folder where my Reunion database file is located. I maintain a master copy of my images on an external hard drive that I access with Adobe Lightroom.

Re: Photo Size and Resolution

When I'm scanning these days I use 600 dpi and that's what my originals are. For printing usually 200 dpi works OK (depending on whether you want to enlarge from the original size or not). My Reunion photos are all 200 dpi downsized copies. They go to TNG on the web and I like being able to enlarge them for greater detail and so that family can get something they can print. I would be interested to hear what resolution others use.
    Don

EDIT: I should add that I'm cognizant of the dimensions of the image and try to have at least 600-800 pixels on the shortest side in the Reunion image folder. (If I scan something that is 2"x3" at 600 dpi and resample it to 200 dpi for Reunion, I don't get enough pixels for a decent sized image on the screen.)
    Last edited by donworth; 02 July 2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X