This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places and photos, how do I connect them

I don't understand how I can connect a place to photos takes at/of that place. Can some explain how to do this?

Re: Places and photos, how do I connect them

At the moment you can't.

I have for some years hoped Reunion would include this at the same time as geocoding was added.

If you post something in the Wish List forum it will add to the requests for this feature to be added.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by skromta View Post
      I don't understand how I can connect a place to photos takes at/of that place. Can some explain how to do this?
      While not as convenient as having all the "place" information within Reunion, I use the iPhoto Places feature.

Bob
      Bob Goode
      Reunion 12.0; ReunionTouch 1.0.8; OS 10.14.2

Comment

Thanks, now I know. I'll add my vote for some support for this.

Unfortunately iPhoto wouldn't work for me ... I spend much of my time behind the camera and my photo libraries (iPhoto/Aperture) is in a constant flux.

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
          At the moment you can't...
          Roger
          True! But it is possible to drag & drop, paste and, (in some database applications, e.g. DevoThink Pro) hot-link into any Notes field. For example you could make a Notes Field called, say, 'Place Images' which would appear on every family card and put place images into it. You could, of course, simply put place photos in Multimedia. the method I favour is to have a separate database of place images and copy/paste links; some applications, (the hitherto application does) which allow 'hot-links', all you have to do then is click on the link and the image will open up. I use this for places and for Census images all I have to do is paste the link into everyone appearing on a particular Census Form. Hope this helps.
          Andrew Allsop

Comment

Originally posted by Allsop View Post
            True! But it is possible to drag & drop, paste and, (in some database applications, e.g. DevoThink Pro) hot-link into any Notes field. For example you could make a Notes Field called, say, 'Place Images' which would appear on every family card and put place images into it. You could, of course, simply put place photos in Multimedia. the method I favour is to have a separate database of place images and copy/paste links; some applications, (the hitherto application does) which allow 'hot-links', all you have to do then is click on the link and the image will open up. I use this for places and for Census images all I have to do is paste the link into everyone appearing on a particular Census Form. Hope this helps.
            This sounds an interesting concept, but it does't work for me. Maybe you could explain your process in a little more detail.

I can drag a picture into a memo filed and it does put the files path in the memo fleld but I have no way to open this file in this path.

Alternatively I have copied an image to a notes field and initially it shows the image in the note but on exiting the note and going back in, nothing is actually stored.
            Keith Bage
            BAGE One-Name Study,
            www.bage.org.uk
            GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Bage View Post
              This sounds an interesting concept, but it does't work for me. Maybe you could explain your process in a little more detail.

I can drag a picture into a memo filed and it does put the files path in the memo fleld but I have no way to open this file in this path.

Alternatively I have copied an image to a notes field and initially it shows the image in the note but on exiting the note and going back in, nothing is actually stored.
              Thank you for this, you are absolutely correct, nothing is stored! I apologize for this I hadn't tested it far enough & I assumed as the image appeared in the note it would stay there. I did say that my preferred method was the external database and hot-link route, and this does work fine, I have many such links set up and very useful it is too! I have in my family cards a specific field for such links and I find it a most useful way of indexing all of the Census records I have I did have the photographs similarly linked until the database I was then using, (Bento) crashed on upgrading my OS to 10.7.4 when I lost a lot of the images. I intend getting them done sometime but as for now have them in iPhoto. Thanks agan for drawing my attention to the erroneous advice in my previous posting.
              Andrew Allsop

Comment

Working...
              X