This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obit Input & Report

I am missing something and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

1. First I am trying to find a place to ENTER the obit since it can't be entered on the REPORTS/OBITUARY.

2. How do I get the obit to print out with the REPORTS/FAMILY HISTORY REPORT?

Sheila
    Last edited by Frank; 08 June 2012, 05:16 PM.
    Sheila

Re: Obit Input & Report

You may be confusing Reunion 10's Obituary Report with an actual published obituary.

It sounds like you have a published newspaper obituary in hand and want to enter the text into your family file. Typically I type the newspaper obituary into a Notes field for the person (I've defined a custom Obituary notes field for this but you may just as well type it into the standard notes field).

Independent of entering the published obituary, Reunion 10 can also create an obituary report based on the data you have already entered into your family file. This will produce a story of the person in the style of an obituary, but this should not be confused with the person's actual published obituary.

To print this Reunion 10 generated obituary report (not the published newspaper obituary), click on Reports > Obituary and select the appropriate person tab at the top of the screen. Then click the Share button at the very bottom of the window to send the report to your word processor, or to a text file, for printing.
    Byron Spoon

Comment

Re: Obit Input & Report

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
      You may be confusing Reunion 10's Obituary Report with an actual published obituary.

It sounds like you have a published newspaper obituary in hand and want to enter the text into your family file. Typically I type the newspaper obituary into a Notes field for the person (I've defined a custom Obituary notes field for this but you may just as well type it into the standard notes field).

Independent of entering the published obituary, Reunion 10 can also create an obituary report based on the data you have already entered into your family file. This will produce a story of the person in the style of an obituary, but this should not be confused with the person's actual published obituary.

To print this Reunion 10 generated obituary report (not the published newspaper obituary), click on Reports > Obituary and select the appropriate person tab at the top of the screen. Then click the Share button at the very bottom of the window to send the report to your word processor, or to a text file, for printing.
      Thank you very much. I like your idea of setting up a custom obit and going to try that right now.
      Sheila

Comment

Working...
      X