This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Now?

In my situation would you upgrade now or wait?

I am Reunion 9.0c.
    In a week I leave on a 30 day camping trip, NC>Boston>Saratoga>Niagara>Erie>Pittsburg>Beckley> home
    I'll have moderate to no internet hook up. I'll take material to type into Reunion from a self published book of an ancestor with family links with in it and some other material to enter including photos to scan. I do not have a web site to maintain.

I've followed 10>10.2 but since I'll primarily be entering data I feel I should wait until late July to upgrade to 10.?. Stay with what I'm familiar with in 9. One place I'll visit is Saratoga where they have about 16,000 linked soldiers and descendants of soldiers and I'll try to add more and get more in my files.

Comments?

Re: Upgrade Now?

Originally posted by Frank Rader View Post
    In my situation would you upgrade now or wait?

I am Reunion 9.0c.
    In a week I leave on a 30 day camping trip, NC>Boston>Saratoga>Niagara>Erie>Pittsburg>Beckley> home
    I'll have moderate to no internet hook up. I'll take material to type into Reunion from a self published book of an ancestor with family links with in it and some other material to enter including photos to scan. I do not have a web site to maintain.

I've followed 10>10.2 but since I'll primarily be entering data I feel I should wait until late July to upgrade to 10.?. Stay with what I'm familiar with in 9. One place I'll visit is Saratoga where they have about 16,000 linked soldiers and descendants of soldiers and I'll try to add more and get more in my files.

Comments?
    By nature I'm an early adopter but personally I see no reason to hold off on the upgrade since entering data is largely unchanged. You will want to familiarise yourself with the program changes a little, since the navigation is a little different (new sidebar etc) but this shouldn't take too much effort. The program (in my opinion) is very stable, I've been using it daily and have not experienced any crashes. there are no doubt a few bugs which still need ironing out but nothing that is causing me any real issues.

That said, if your not going to be using any of the "new" functionality you might feel more comfortable waiting till your return when there may be a 10.0.3 available.
    Keith Bage
    BAGE One-Name Study,
    www.bage.org.uk
    GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

Working...
    X