This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

citations - Elizabeth Shown Mills

Now that I am moving to Reunion10 I have the opportunity to clean up my existing source citations. I have borrowed Elizabeth Shown Mills tome on citations from the local library. She has set the standard for citations for every conceivable source.

I have no intention of using all of Mills citation examples but I do need more than the default provided in R10. Has anyone posted an abbreviated list of other source citations?

Does anyone know from where the Reunion10 default source fields are derived?
    ``````````````````````````````
    Grant

Re: citations - Elizabeth Shown Mills

Here are two links to give you some guidance. I too checked out that book from the library and got some pointers for proper citation.

Only five of fourteen GEDCOM tags for source and citation information are safe. The first GenealogyTools training course, Practical Citation, will address this problem for you.
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

Thanks Harringg.

I missed the first link but I had read Ben's 2nd link earlier today. It appears he will post his citations "course" in the next week or so. I will be keeping a look out for that.
      Grant

Comment

Here is another of Ben's articles. He points out that following Elizabeth Shown Mills standards in Evidence Explained means your citations will not be Gedcom compliant. So if you want to pass your files between software then info will be lost or scrambled.

We're at a crossroads between Evidence Explained source types for Reunion or developing a new, simple, practical citation format.

So I think I will wait a bit until Ben posts his citation format.
        Grant

Comment

Working...
        X