This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find Relationship chart

Wasn't there a button for creating a chart from the Find Relationship results in 10.0.1? It seems to be gone in 10.0.2.
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Re: Find Relationship chart

The option to create a chart will not always appear. If the common ancestor is a single person who has no parents, a chart can not be created. This would be a half type of relationship.

If you are seeing something else, please let us know.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      The option to create a chart will not always appear. If the common ancestor is a single person who has no parents, a chart can not be created. This would be a half type of relationship.

If you are seeing something else, please let us know.
      Operator error. Carry on, nothing to see here.
      Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

I'm glad I searched before posting this question as this was my question as well. So what's a good way to chart the relationship between two people who are related directly in line? For example, GGG grandfather and GGG grandson?

Comment

In this example, go the the GGG Grandson in the Family View, then in the Change view, select Direct Lines Bold, Make all Children Plain, Make children bold for direct line ancestors of [GGG Grandson], click the OK button.

Then go the the family view of the GGG Grandfather. Go to the Charts view, select Descendant, set a sufficient number of generations, Check the bold children only box, click the Create chart button.

Hope this helps.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
            In this example, go the the GGG Grandson in the Family View, then in the Change view, select Direct Lines Bold, Make all Children Plain, Make children bold for direct line ancestors of [GGG Grandson], click the OK button.

Then go the the family view of the GGG Grandfather. Go to the Charts view, select Descendant, set a sufficient number of generations, Check the bold children only box, click the Create chart button.

Hope this helps.
            Thanks, that works well, except that anyone who was married more than once shows up multiple times. For example, my mom shows up with my dad (in line) but her second marriage is also there to the side. Is there a way to limit that?

Edit: never mind - I just selected the extra box and deleted it.
            Last edited by DualPlatform; 07 June 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

You can mark people ahead of time and prune with the marked people only option, but in this instance, I'd just click the unwanted box in the chart to select it and hit the delete key.
              Tim Lundin

Comment

You can mark people ahead of time and prune with the marked people only option, but in this instance, I'd just click the unwanted box in the chart to select it and hit the delete key.
                Yep, thanks!

Comment

Hope this helps.
                  Is there a method that doesn't include 'Make All Children Plain'? This would lose valuable work. I prefer to use marking for any temporary selection, leaving bold as a permanent visual cue. For example, it shows, when I'm on a certain father's page, which of his six children is more signifacant to me (the one that married my greataunt).

Comment

Michael, if you prefer to use marking for all your temporary selections, the procedure would be nearly identical to using bolding. Simply go to the GGG Grandson and mark his ancestors while unmarking everybody first and ensuring he's marked too. Then go to the GGG Grandfather and create a descendant chart with the marked people only box checked.

Perhaps this should have been the suggestion in the first place, but I've not used bolding much in the past and have been exploring the possibilities myself. It's nice that Reunion offers such a variety of ways to get a job done... it conforms to so many different personal approaches.
                    Last edited by ttl; 08 June 2012, 08:06 AM.
                    Tim Lundin

Comment

Working...
                    X