This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to Reunion 10

I haven't yet upgraded to Reunion 10 although I have read many of the posts about the new version; I'm delighted to read that R10 seems to have received the thumbs up and I look forward to using it. My question is however: since I'm going to be away for the next month on vacation I'm wondering if I should wait until I return as I probably won't get time to do any genealogy work while I'm away, on the basis that many of the bugs in the first version of R10 will have been worked out by then and I will receive an updated version when I do upgrade. I'm not sure if this is how Reunion upgrades work and perhaps I do need to upgrade now before updates can be installed.

I would appreciate your advice on how I should proceed. Thanks.

Patricia

Re: Upgrading to Reunion 10

If you want to ruin your vacation: Upgrade to v10 now, because you will be doing genealogy research the entire time with all the new features.

On a serious note, the .0 bugs are no reason to hold off. They are up to .2 already, and it just keeps getting better and better.

If you won't be touching it for a month, then there's no pressing reason to upgrade I guess.
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

Re: Upgrading to Reunion 10

Originally posted by harringg View Post
      If you want to ruin your vacation: Upgrade to v10 now, because you will be doing genealogy research the entire time with all the new features.

On a serious note, the .0 bugs are no reason to hold off. They are up to .2 already, and it just keeps getting better and better.

If you won't be touching it for a month, then there's no pressing reason to upgrade I guess.
      Thanks for your response Harringg. I guess I'll wait now until I return from vacation. As you correctly say, I might be encouraged to spend loads of time figuring everything out..

Patricia

Comment

Working...
      X