This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Project - Birthdays

In Reunion 9, our web pages only show the year of birth, not the full date. For privacy reasons, we did not want to publish the full birth dates. Now in Reunion 10.0.1, I made our new (and improved) web page, but now the full birth dates are shown. I went into the "Web Project", "Elements", Family Cards and Person cards layouts and the birth dates are not checked (same as version 9) so they should not show up. Also, Privacy Filtering is checked. We have told people to contact us for more information on any person we have.

Help, what am I missing, how can I hide the birthdays on the web pages?

Using Reunion 10.0.1 on a PowerMac with OS 10.6.8

Thanks
    Richard

Re: Web Project - Birthdays

Originally posted by hseobush View Post
    In Reunion 9, our web pages only show the year of birth, not the full date. For privacy reasons, we did not want to publish the full birth dates. Now in Reunion 10.0.1, I made our new (and improved) web page, but now the full birth dates are shown. I went into the "Web Project", "Elements", Family Cards and Person cards layouts and the birth dates are not checked (same as version 9) so they should not show up. Also, Privacy Filtering is checked. We have told people to contact us for more information on any person we have.

Help, what am I missing, how can I hide the birthdays on the web pages?

Using Reunion 10.0.1 on a PowerMac with OS 10.6.8

Thanks
    Richard
    See response and solution from Mark at Leister Productions, below:

Hi Richard,

I would recommend checking "People with no death date born after: 1900" in the Privacy & Sensitivity settings (you can change the year if you'd like), and unchecking the "People with this flag checked: None" (with None selected here, this option would have no affect).

The dates not being included in your Reunion 9 version of the web cards is the result of something other than the Privacy setting (though I'm not sure what); if Reunion 9 only has "People with this flag checked: None" selected, no privatization of data would occur.

Hope that helps,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X