This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find Adopted

I cannot seem to uncover a way to find all (or marked) children who are adopted. The same question applies to other child status markers - e.g., twin, stillborn. Is there no way to do this?
    Bob Emnett
    V9.0c, X10.10.5
    rosebob.emnett "at" yahoo.com

Re: Find Adopted

Originally posted by Bob Emnett View Post
    I cannot seem to uncover a way to find all (or marked) children who are adopted. The same question applies to other child status markers - e.g., twin, stillborn. Is there no way to do this?
    Hi Bob,

The only way (I can think of) to find what you are wanting is to choose Find -> Anything and select the Couples tab.

Then, search for these conditions...

Child Status -> # of Adopteds ... "More Than" ... 0

The Found List window will open showing a listing of all couples with one or more children who have the "Adopted" status.

Select "Unmark Everybody in Family File" from the Mark pop-up menu (near the upper-left corner of the Found List window).

Go to the family card of each couple listed in the Found list window and mark the appropriate children.

Incidentally, you may want to move the Found List window to the side of the family card to make it easier to go back and forth between the family card and the Found List.

Then, once all children with the Adopted status are marked, choose Find -> Anything and click on the People tab. Next, select "Person Marked" from the Presets pop-up menu. And, finally, click Find.

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Find Adopted

I've been asking for this enhancement to Find for ages.

My Home Page: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/

Comment

Working...
      X