This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Editing

I created a descendant chart and am trying to essentially duplicate the look-and-feel of a similar chart from four years ago. I have run into two issues:
    (1) In the 2008 chart, I inserted pictures of my grandparents into their box. I know this should be easy to do, but when I try to insert a picture it is massive enough to completely cover the chart!

(2) In 2008 chart, I have a text box. One of the three lines includes a date - that I naturally want to change. When I copy this box from the older chart, it seems to not be changeable in the new one. *** This is more a how-to-do question than a current issue as a work-around is to edit the box in the old chart before copying it, still ... it does not seem logical that an object from a similar chart would not be alterable.

TIA
    Bob Emnett
    V9.0c, X10.10.5
    rosebob.emnett "at" yahoo.com

Re: Chart Editing

Hi Bob -

Originally posted by Bob Emnett View Post
    (1) In the 2008 chart, I inserted pictures of my grandparents into their box. I know this should be easy to do, but when I try to insert a picture it is massive enough to completely cover the chart!
    To add a picture to a box that's not already linked in the family file, I think the only way is to drag the picture directly to the box. Make sure the box is highlighted before you drop the picture, or you'll drop it into the white space of the chart. If you drop it into the box, the picture will be small, and if you drop it into the white space, it can be big.

Once it's in the white space, the picture can still be dragged to the box, but the box might be a little hard to find. If the boxes are covered up, you can click on the picture to highlight it, then select Object->Layer->Back. This will put the picture behind the tree and allow you to click it and drag it to the desired box.

Originally posted by Bob Emnett View Post
    (2) In 2008 chart, I have a text box. One of the three lines includes a date - that I naturally want to change. When I copy this box from the older chart, it seems to not be changeable in the new one. *** This is more a how-to-do question than a current issue as a work-around is to edit the box in the old chart before copying it, still ... it does not seem logical that an object from a similar chart would not be alterable.
    If you copy a box in one chart and paste it into another, it'll be pasted as a graphic object which can't be edited. You can either edit the data before you copy the box, or you can copy the text and paste it into a new box in the second chart.

If you copy the whole edited box, make sure you have the Edit->Copy->Use TIFF in Clipboard option UNchecked so you can preserve full text quality.
    Last edited by ttl; 27 May 2012, 08:11 PM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
    X