This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDS Ordinances

Why was the LDS ordinances report from Reunion 9 not included in Reunion 10? From the menu bar ->change ->LDS Ordinances.

I've been using Reunion for years and was excited to see the new features in Reunion 10. However, with the LDS Ordinances window removed in Reunion 10, the program has made doing LDS genealogy immensely harder. If this feature is not added in the near future I will be moving on to a different program that meets this need.

Reunion 9 was near perfect. In fact I have recommended it to dozens of my friends over the years.

Was this feature removed as an oversight? Or was it not worth putting in Reunion 10?

I guess all good things eventually come to an end.
    Last edited by Frank; 30 May 2012, 07:12 AM. Reason: question to staff

Re: LDS Ordinances

Hi Chris,
    What exactly are you looking for in a report? While some things have changed, I didn't come across anything that didn't have some work-around for LDS ordinances in R10 (other than it not recognizing Temple codes for Initiatory).

I could have missed something during the beta testing, but I hope not.

--I drafted the paragraphs above and then tried to create a report in which I defined the included fields for Ordinances. I can't open it in my Word Processor [version 12.3.3 of Word 2008 for the Mac]. However, I can save it as a text file which can be opened in Word.--

---Edit: I just tried again, and it opened in Word. I don't know what is going on..... It opens as an .rtf file in 'compatibility mode' whatever that is. What wouldn't open were .rtfd files.--

If you want to get in touch with me off-line, let me know.

Warren
    Last edited by Warren White; 26 May 2012, 06:20 PM. Reason: update information

Comment

Sorry for phrasing it wrong. It wasn
      Attached Files

Comment

I see now what you were referring to, and I wholeheartedly agree that this was an important tool, and that we are missing it in R10.

I am somewhat embarrassed that I didn't notice this during the beta testing. I hope that when the folks at Leister review this thread that they give careful consideration to putting this back. While we can do a "find" with a number of conditions, the window that Chris suggests would be far superior.

We need the functionality provided by the LDS Tools. However, we do not need the "Export TempleReady" button since TempleReady is no longer used.

Comment

Hello, Warren. You said you did Beta testing for 10. I just wondered if there was any mention of when/if we could expect to see Reunion compatible with New Family Search. My friends who use Roots Magic have a very easy time going between the two, and while I have loved using Reunion I am frustrated that it's taking so long to add that feature. I know that Leister does not like to release information before an upgrade is ready, but it's been a few years now so I wonder if this is ever really going to happen. You may not know anything, but if you have any input I'd love to hear it.

Comment

I'm not a Reunion user (yet). I regularly watch the forums for word on this very subject. I'm afraid it's a deal-breaker for me. The day I can record LDS ordinances and even communicate with New Family Search, that's the day I'll purchase Reunion.

Dave

Comment

Hi Teresa,

Originally posted by teresa kcs View Post
              I just wondered if there was any mention of when/if we could expect to see Reunion compatible with New Family Search.
              We have a FAQ about this here.

HTH
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Originally posted by Dave Trussell View Post
                The day I can record LDS ordinances...
                You can record LDS ordinances in Reunion 10 -- the events and temple codes are present, although the LDS ordinance window is not.

HTH
                Mark Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  .... although the LDS ordinance window is not.
                  Thank you very much. Are you going to restore that window?
                  Last edited by Frank; 07 June 2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Trussell View Post
                    Are you going to restore that window?
                    We're considering re-adding it in a future update.
                    Mark Harrison

Comment

I think that would be a good investment of your time. Making Reunion the best genealogy app for the OS 10 market would be awesome.
                      Last edited by Chris Bacalski; 04 June 2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

We're considering re-adding it in a future update.
                        Now I've put my money where my mouth is and purchased Reunion. I really hope you restore that window and seriously consider adding in interfacing with Family Search.

Dave

Comment

I would like to add my request to that of others, that the LDS ordinance window be restored. It's a feature I'd rather not be without.

I've read the FAQ regarding the reasoning behind not providing NewFamilySearch/FamilySearch.org-FamilyTree support and I must say that I'm a little surprised at the reasoning. But, I'm not a programmer so I really don't know what difficulties the changes at the church's website might be causing. All I know is that other programs exist which do provide this feature. The church's website is not static, but then neither are any. For example, Apple makes major version changes on OS, Reunion has just had a major upgrade to version 10, all programs do this. Forgive me if I'm being naive and too simplistic here. I've lived without this last feature on Reunion 9 and I guess I can continue going about things the way I have.

... but, please, do restore the LDS ordinance window.
                          Randy Hess

MBP (2019) 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB; Reunion 14

Comment

We have a FAQ about this here.
                            Hi. The above FAQ link is dead. Can you please post the correct link, or restore the FAQ? I am interested in the Reunion & FamilySearch integration.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

It is no longer in our plans to integrate with the Family Search Family Tree service, though you can still use the Web Search feature to search the Family Search database through your web browser.

For more details, please see my post in the recent Family Search thread.

HTH
                              Last edited by Mark; 16 April 2014, 01:11 PM.
                              Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
                              X