This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onderzoek beheren in Bento NL

Ik heb een Bento database gemaakt waarmee je eenvoudig je onderzoek notities kunt beheren en monitoren. Het is te vinden op de volgende website pagina:

Reunion 10.0.1, Reunion for iPad and iPhone

Re: Onderzoek beheren in Bento NL

Patrick: Please share with us.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Patrick: Please share with us.
      I need to translate it into English. I will soon upload the english version.

Comment

Now I followed the link and realized that you were telling us that you posted a new template at the Bento sharing site.

After using and developing in FileMaker for many years, in retirement I am finding that Bento meets most of my needs. I am slowly migrating over to it and have several templates that I have downloaded from there.

Comment

After using and developing in FileMaker for many years, in retirement I am finding that Bento meets most of my needs. I am slowly migrating over to it and have several templates that I have downloaded from there.
          So you are a source for Q/A on FMP? Ha, ha. Kidding.

I did the opposite. I've upgraded to FMP 12 from Bento 4 recently because I found it too limiting for the research data I was tracking. I've used FMP years ago, and use MS Access daily at work and have it too on my MBP via VMWare, but my laptop is showing it's age when running Windows 7/Access 2010 so wanted something native on the Mac.

FMP is snappy and responsive and am glad I migrated.
          Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

Originally posted by harringg View Post
            So you are a source for Q/A on FMP? Ha, ha. Kidding........
            Actually, that's OK with the proviso that I'm probably good with beginner to intermediate questions but rust has set in from lack of developing and the advent of new versions. When I retired, I think FMP 7 had just come out. I'm using FMP 11 but I don't see new stuff I would use to make it worth spending the $150 upgrade price.

Comment

They were offering a limited time offer for a cross-grade from Bento for $150, so I jumped. I've created some very useful database projects in short-order and really like it.

I've already been busy at the FMP forums getting up to speed. :-)

Comment

I've upgraded to FMP 12 from Bento 4 recently because I found it too limiting for the research data I was tracking.
                Would you be willing to share your filemaker database structure with me?

I'm still not sure how to maintain my research data.

seagram1 (at) gmail.com

Req William.

Comment

For me to. Reunion is the main database for me and Bento a great support database to manage my research.

Comment

Originally posted by William Seagram View Post
                    Would you be willing to share your filemaker database structure with me?
                    I just started building it. But that being said, it's fairly personalized. For example, I track my contacts made with people on FindAGrave, dates (and details) I send for corrections/suggestions so I know that:
                    a. I've sent them a request and b. I can track how long it's been in the event I don't see the changes for awhile i follow up in a reasonable time frame.

I also use it track permission requests (and approvals) for using submitters photos on my own TNG based web site among other uses.

My source documents (PDF, text, ect...) are stored in DevonThink Pro Office and my images are stored in Lightroom 4, it's just that my table relations for the above examples were getting too complex for Bento. I am also converting my other "flat" Bento databases to more flexible solutions in FMP.

I'm interested in seeing Patrick's Bento database solution localized for English however.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Vijgeboom View Post
                      For me to. Reunion is the main database for me and Bento a great support database to manage my research.
                      My use of Bento is not Reunion related. And I don't call Reunion a database because I cannot build with it; I can only use it so it is an application.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing Patrick's Bento database solution localized for English however.
                        Kathy Cardoza already has the original English version as a Bento template that Patrick worked from. Go to:

Also, if you search "Genealogy", without the quote marks, in the upper right corner of the page, you'll see other templates.

Hope this is helpful.
                        Kaye Mushalik
                        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Vijgeboom View Post
                          I need to translate it into English. I will soon upload the english version.
                          Please be sure to put "genealogy" as a keyword or tag. Makes it much easier to search.
                          Kaye Mushalik
                          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
                          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
                          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
                          X