This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Sizes in Family View

Is it possible to resize the field, specifically the Misc. Notes field, in Family View? In Reunion 9 I was able to have the Misc. Notes field quite large so that I could read a goodly portion of my notes without having to scroll down, now in Reunion 10 only a couple of lines are showing at a time and this for me is quite frustrating!

By the way I really am impressed with 10 and think it is a very impressive upgrade
    Andrew Allsop

Re: Field Sizes in Family View

You can resize Note fields and the Smart List, but not other fields, and only the ones "Under the Couple Buttons".

Click to select the field in the "Under the Couple Buttons" preview (Family View Preferences, Couple) -- you should see a black square appear at the bottom-right of the field, click-drag the black square to resize.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      You can resize Note fields and the Smart List, but not other fields, and only the ones "Under the Couple Buttons".

Click to select the field in the "Under the Couple Buttons" preview (Family View Preferences, Couple) -- you should see a black square appear at the bottom-right of the field, click-drag the black square to resize.

HTH
      Thanks for quick reply, I have done that but it does not have any effect in Family View, the size of the field remains the same!
      Attached Files
      Andrew Allsop

Comment

As you've discovered, there's only so much real estate on your screen to allocate to things.

To maximize the opportunity for your notes field to expand, try the following things:

- Maximize your Reunion window to fill the display

- In family view preferences, make the parent button side by side instead of above and below

- Drag the divider between the couple space and the children space downward to give the couple more space and the children less space.

If this doesn't give your notes field enough breathing room, the next step is start removing other fields. It might be worth noting here that Reunion 10 has a preset family view that is notes only, and maybe you could switch back and forth to that (or some modification of it) for heavy note use/review.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks Tim, your reply was very helpful
          Andrew Allsop

Comment

Working...
          X